Games won't load/connect online if geofilter is on

something seems to be up with my netduma. I can't seem to get my games to load up and/or connect to PSN if the geofilter is on. i mentioned this to crossy last night in the chat room.

i took a video to demonstrate this. it's a bit long but hopefully you'll see what i'm talking about. sorry for the shitty video quality, my camera phone is a bit shit.

https://youtu.be/1A3ZC9cbNj4

00:00 - 00:44 -  i turn on my PS4, netduma geofilter is enabled (autocloud on, bleeding edge off although i usually have both on, i turned off bleeding edge just as a test), this time my PS4 actually does connect to PSN (sometimes it doesn't) since you can see a number pop up next to the friends list icon. i load up codblops 3.

00:44 - 01:28 - codblops 3 loads. this time it actually does load up (sometimes it doesn't). i then switch over to the web browser to check on the geofilter and you can see a pop up saying the game cant connect to PSN.

01:28 - 01:54 - i switch back to the game and i'm unable to connect online (geofilter is still on)

01:54 - 02:54 -  i disable the geofilter and keep trying to log on. it eventually connects to PSN again and i'm online on codblops 3.

02:54 - 03:41 -  i then go back and enable the geofilter. i then quit blops and try loading up the witcher 3. it loads up. i quit out. 

03:41 - 05:05 - at this point the netduma geofilter is probably kicking back in and i try to load up guitar hero live. game does not load (geofilter on). i quit, try load up blops3 again, game does not load (geofilter on)

05:05 - 05:50 -  i go back to the netduma and disable the geofilter. i load blops 3 back up again and success, games load up (geofilter off)

this behavior started happening a few days ago. last night, i actually did a factory reset and tested things out and it seemed to fix things. games loaded up fine and geofilter enabled didnt give me any PSN errors. but today, it's back to how it was.

getting games to load/PSN to connect is hit or miss.

any suggestions on how i can get the PS4 to get online or talk to the PSN servers without turning off the geofilter? the netduma seems to be blocking connections to PSN somehow. having bleeding edge turned on usually doesnt help in this case.

this only started happening like 2 days ago. it was working fine before. any ideas before i try factory resetting once again?

• Netduma Staff

yup, it works if i expand it to cover america. 

host descriptors:

ID: 65083904a5040308

ID: 69083d08a5080308

these are the two servers that come up as triangles

Ok. Does that fix it for not being able to get on Bops3, PSN or both?

i've added those two host IDs to the allow list. 

just restarted my PS4 and i'm able to near instantly load up my friendslist (if you look at the video i posted earlier, it took a while for it to pop up).

games are loading up properly so far (tested guitar hero live and blops3), and quicker too. no errors like before in the video.

i THINK i fixed it. seems like those two servers are like PSN authentication servers or something? i dunno. but adding them to the allow list seems to fix it. 

• Netduma Staff

i've added those two host IDs to the allow list. 

just restarted my PS4 and i'm able to near instantly load up my friendslist (if you look at the video i posted earlier, it took a while for it to pop up).

games are loading up properly so far (tested guitar hero live and blops3), and quicker too. no errors like before in the video.

i THINK i fixed it. seems like those two servers are like PSN authentication servers or something? i dunno. but adding them to the allow list seems to fix it. 

Would you be able to post the IDs in here and say that they need whitelisting :)

I usually run BO3 with geo-filter off cause I have not been party host very much.  That server he is talking about that I see in California is always there and its green.  I have added 3 friends since the game released and none of these friends show up in my in-game friends list.  Could there be a connection here?

Archived