WiFi devices won't stay connected

I'm having issues using WiFi with the R1. The only device I personally use via WiFi is my Samsung Galaxy S5, but I know others in my household are also affected. Frequently, my S5 would disconnect from WiFi, and when I open the WiFi settings, I'm presented with this error message: "Ready to connect when network quality improves." 

Looking through the forums, I found the suggestion to un-tick "Enable wifi workaround," and that seemed to fix the larger problem (although the device seemed to disconnect from WiFi when idling, which has caused some problems with streaming media over my home network). However, now, weeks later, I'm getting the same error message and am unable to connect. 

Hi WOC,

Would you be able to follow these instructions to find the best Wifi channel for you area and set it on the Duma to see if that helps with the drop outs :)

i have the same issue and i downloaded the Android Wifi Analyzer and it says best channels for me are 12 13 and 14 however it only goes to 11 on netduma so thats what i selected. No way to get more channels?

• Administrators

Hey, so for the USA only channels 1-11 are legally allowed so we can't/wouldn't allow you to select anything higher than this. 

I would recommend choosing the next available best channel or leave it on 11 if that is the best one

• 3 weeks later...

Hi WOC,

Would you be able to follow these instructions to find the best Wifi channel for you area and set it on the Duma to see if that helps with the drop outs :)

Channels 6 - 11 are a constant 10 stars, with no variation. I've been on channel 6 since I first got my R1, so I don't think the WiFi channel is the problem. 

Do you still have wifi workaround un ticked and it is still occurring? If you enable it again does it work? Disabled or enabled should work for you

I've played around with having it ticked and un-ticked, and since the problem started occurring again, neither seems to make any difference. It's hard to troubleshoot though, as the problem only seems to occur when WiFi devices have been idling for an extended period of time. 

Archived