Netduma setup with HH3 (help/advice please)

Hi, just wanted to check before I purchase...I have BT Fibre with Home Hub 3 and a home plug downstairs connecting to a home plug upstairs with a hub connecting 2 x Xbox Ones and 2 x Gaming PCs. 

Tried to find some stuff on-line and one person suggested connecting the Netduma to the PPPoE port on the BT modem and dropping the HH3 entirely. So I am expecting the set-up to be Modem - Netduma - Home Plug - Home Plug - Hub (with all devices).

Please could someone confirm this is correct (I am not technical). Also, the 2 XB1s are used for CoD online, will both of them have an Open Nat? This is primarily the reason for purchasing the Netduma.

Any help appreciated, thank you  :)

I am on BT FTTC. I purchased the R1 back in February time and plugged it straight into the Open Reach Modem that comes into the house. I got rid of the HH years ago and replaced it with various routers down the years. Not had a problem since except on AW but even that plays way better for most of the time with the R1.

I also have a homeplug that the router goes into and then another upstairs in mission control. This then goes into a Gigabit switch which then feeds a PC, PS3, PS4 and Bravia TV.

All work fine :)

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum! I can't comment on that particular setup as I'm not with BT however modem > R1 is always our recommended setup and Bagsta has it set up like that so it definitely works. You may not need to add the hub to the home plugs but that is up to you.

As it's plugged into the modem, you should be able to get an open NAT on both consoles :)

• Administrators

Thank you for the replies, order placed :)

Lets hope it is ready and setup for Blops 3 on Friday  :D

Great thanks for purchasing! The game should somewhat work straight away - make sure to have auto cloud & bleeding edge ticked in settings > miscellaneous. We will probably put out a cloud update if needed on the day as well :)

Hi again, just having a problem with setup. I am entering the username and password as above but we get the message 'interface wan not found' after clicking apply. However, we are now connected to the internet. Does this mean the PPPoE is working? Thanks  :)

Archived