Netduma killing upload speed

• Netduma Staff

Hi Koho, welcome to the forum :)

Can you follow this guide to increase your speeds. If that doesn't work can you post back with a bit more information such as the upload you expect to get (get through your modem), the upload speed you are getting through the Netduma and the model of your modem.

Hi Koho, welcome to the forum :)

Can you follow this guide to increase your speeds. If that doesn't work can you post back with a bit more information such as the upload you expect to get (get through your modem), the upload speed you are getting through the Netduma and the model of your modem.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4801667990straight from modem.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4801675713With netduma 

I'm losing almost 20 Mb on dl and 7 on my upload

Have you followed the guide in the link? :)

double checked everything. only thing missing was share excess wasn't checked. But i guess that does fix the speed which doesn't make sense. 

Why would having share excess disabled kill my speeds?

• Netduma Staff

double checked everything. only thing missing was share excess wasn't checked. But i guess that does fix the speed which doesn't make sense. 

Why would having share excess disabled kill my speeds?

Not sure why it would kill you download as it shouldn't affect download. It could affect upload as the bandwidth would have been allocated to certain devices.

Not sure why it would kill you download as it shouldn't affect download. It could affect upload as the bandwidth would have been allocated to certain devices.

Nothing else is pulling bandwidth. Network monitor shows less than 1% usage for both download/upload. If i enable it my speeds are fine but soon as i disable it, it kills my speeds.

As far as other settings have pretty much everything disable other than. Enable multicast snooping and Enable auto cloud.

• Netduma Staff

Nothing else is pulling bandwidth. Network monitor shows less than 1% usage for both download/upload. If i enable it my speeds are fine but soon as i disable it, it kills my speeds.

As far as other settings have pretty much everything disable other than. Enable multicast snooping and Enable auto cloud.

It should be ok to have it enabled anyway - this is usually what is recommended :)

Ensure share excess is on then and reset distribution before testing again

Like i said early share excess fixes it. The thing is i don't want it on because i don't have a bandwidth issue. 

• Netduma Staff

Like i said early share excess fixes it. The thing is i don't want it on because i don't have a bandwidth issue. 

If you don't have a bandwidth issue then it would make more sense to keep it on as you don't have a problem is certain devices are using lots of upload. It's usually people with very slow internet who disable it.

You won't have a bandwidth issue with the duma that's what all the features are for,so if someone else is on your network streaming Netflix your gaming isn't effected by it.

You should have no issues with leaving share excess ticked as I'm pretty sure that's what about 90 percent of the people do.

Archived