Your Opinion Please

RADDY1993

After many months testing different settings and software i have narrowed down to what i thing are the 3 best quality rendered video results for YouTube. Below are the 3 video clips using 3 different editing software and settings, if you have the time to view all 3 and say which you think looks best i can then do a written tutorial on how it was achieved, remember to watch in HD max setting. Thanx :)

Adobe Premiere 60FPS 

YouTube%20logo-128.gif

Debug Frame Server 60FPS 

YouTube%20logo-128.gif

Main Concept 60FPS 

YouTube%20logo-128.gif

This was really tough to tell much of a difference between them.  I tested these at 1080p on a standard work computer monitor.  It is not color calibrated or a 4k or super high resolution monitor.  

FLOW:  All three seems to have the same fluid motion.  I could not tell a difference.

COLOR:  I stopped each of the 3 videos at several points throughout the video to look at different scene types (dark, very light, mix, different colors, etc).  I then compared all three videos with each stopped at the same points.  The Adobe seemed a slight bit lighter than the other two.  I liked the colors from the last two slightly more than the Adobe. The main concept has a slight edge for me. 

I believe that all three were good on a standard monitor.  If I had to pick just one, I would choose the Main Concept one.

Having seen all three, I would say choose the application that was the easiest and/or fastest to use. 

It will be interesting to see how others with higher resolution monitors compare them.

This was really tough to tell much of a difference between them.  I tested these at 1080p on a standard work computer monitor.  It is not color calibrated or a 4k or super high resolution monitor.  

FLOW:  All three seems to have the same fluid motion.  I could not tell a difference.

COLOR:  I stopped each of the 3 videos at several points throughout the video to look at different scene types (dark, very light, mix, different colors, etc).  I then compared all three videos with each stopped at the same points.  The Adobe seemed a slight bit lighter than the other two.  I liked the colors from the last two slightly more than the Adobe. The main concept has a slight edge for me. 

I believe that all three were good on a standard monitor.  If I had to pick just one, I would choose the Main Concept one.

Having seen all three, I would say choose the application that was the easiest and/or fastest to use. 

It will be interesting to see how others with higher resolution monitors compare them.

Great analysis :) i was thinking the last 2, the Debug Frame Server technique renders quicker. 

second one looked best for me, on the other two a couple of moments where it seemed it hadnt rendered properly ( like when BF4 doesn't load the textures at the start) 

Yes its due to the bitrate, thats why i uploaded them as 1440p so youtube gives a higher bitrate. The Debug one uses some 3rd party software and codecs to render the video in youtubes recommended encoding settings, you can see them HERE.

Yebs have had a look on 3 of them and I could not tell the difference to be honest. I had watch it on 2k screen of my ohone. If anything I would go with the 3 one just looked the most sharp and I personally like that the most sharp picture.

Yebs have had a look on 3 of them and I could not tell the difference to be honest. I had watch it on 2k screen of my ohone. If anything I would go with the 3 one just looked the most sharp and I personally like that the most sharp picture.

Watch them in 1440p, i am liking the Debug Frame Server method which is a real quick render also. I capture in 1080p 60fps and render at 1440p 50mbps and its around 45 minutes which aint bad.

for some reason I cant open such High resolutions videos form youtube on my phone. Funny enough my phone its the only device I have with Higher resolution than 1080p

For me really hard to tell the difference between the 3 but I guess there were differences but so so subtle.

But if I had to pick one of them it would be 2 but again subtle the difference to me was the contrast but again I'm not an expert just what my eyes saw.

As another general comment, they all seem a bit darker.  A light increase in the brightness would be good.  That could also be my cheaper standard work monitor.

I hear you but i have tried higher brightness and it seems to wash out the blacks and you loose some detail. I am preparing to write out the tutorial for the second method as it renders quickest and matches YouTubes exact requirements for encoding, it takes a little time to set up but once configured the method is pretty straight forward. Do you guys have Sony Vegas Pro 13 ? as i have a easy tutorial on how to install and crack it but am not sure if the guys here will allow me to post the link to my YouTube video.

Archived