WIFI, CC, anti flood & Geo Filter

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi guys,

Just had a pm with Morbid, above I was not frustrated at all. Its difficult to communicate tone on the Internet. Above I was just saying that I know what are the ideal settings but many people try different things that make their connection better. In those scenarios I'm almost certain its placebo effect, but I'll leave each to their own :)

So Morbid asked why 70% and not 100% in device prioritisation. Simply because your xbox or playstation barely uses any bandwidth at all. The purpose of bandwidth prioritisation is to give it all it needs.

So lets do some Math. The absolute most a game will need is 400kb/s, trust me its usually a lot less I've rounded up significantly just to cover all cases(e.g. counter strike). So if you have a 1mbit upload, then 70% will be 700kb/s which is more than enough. I just rounded everything up loads to keep it simple. But if you really want to use it correctly.

Take your upload bandwidth and determine what percentage will equal 400kb/s. Then set that amount for your console. For those of you that have forgotten algebra :P the formula is this:

( 0.4 / total upload bandwidth ) * 100  = the percentage you need to set your console

For example, if I have 5.4 megabits upload then I should do this

( 0.4 / 5.4 ) * 100 = 7.4%

Got it? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Morbid, that is very kind of you.

We really appreciate you helping your friends as well. We will try get this all translated into Spanish as soon as possible to make it easier for future customers. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon! Somebody in PR is asking the following question:

I have 100mb of internet download speed and 4 mb of upload. I put my configuration in reactive instead preemptive. I am a single person in my house and nobody use the internet, just me. I will like to know the percentage that I have to choose in the CC anti flood and the percentage that I am supposed to choose in The Flower. Can you write both percentages for me to be clear? Everybody have to choose or put the same configuration no matter your internet speed?

PD. I already help people in my island that bought Netduma thanks to you.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Good afternoon! Somebody in PR is asking the following question:

I have 100mb of internet download speed and 4 mb of upload. I put my configuration in reactive instead preemptive. I am a single person in my house and nobody use the internet, just me. I will like to know the percentage that I have to choose in the CC anti flood and the percentage that I am supposed to choose in The Flower. Can you write both percentages for me to be clear? Everybody have to choose or put the same configuration no matter your internet speed?

PD. I already help people in my island that bought Netduma thanks to you.

Hey Morbid, I would recommend giving these two links a read as they should provide all the information you need :)

A little bit of info so you know what it all means - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_getting_started

The settings to use - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_settings

Hope thats helpful, let me know if you need any help!

Thanks so much as well for recommending us to people and for helping them too, thats so awesome!! It really does mean a lot to us so thank you :)

• 9 months later...

Archived