Streaming.

RabX2

I know this product will manage bandwidth and prevent lagging while streaming the old way with BMI/Elgato thru a seperate pc, but does it help to prevent lag using the in game app in xbox one? Instead of being a seperate device in the device manager, the stream would going thru the same device your playing on.

I know this product will manage bandwidth and prevent lagging while streaming the old way with BMI/Elgato thru a seperate pc, but does it help to prevent lag using the in game app in xbox one? Instead of being a seperate device in the device manager, the stream would going thru the same device your playing on.

it won't be doing anything for the congestion control.  Since it is a single device it will be able to use as much of your internet as the percentage.

If you have the throughput to stream and game through xbox then it will be fine. 

Congestion control could help with the streaming by limiting the amount of your connection other devices could use at same time (assuming any were using the connection at that time). So if I was streaming (and cos I am selfish) I would take share excess off, give the xbox a large chunk of priority for the stream duration and then crack on :)

I love the congestion control on this thing, I was windows updating a friends new install of win 8.1 and streaming a movie while my son streamed a football match, all working no buffering on a 6mb adsl line while my pings were still rock bottom.

I do not see many mentions about the CC its fricken sweet as a nut so ive had to mention it :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks guys glad you're enjoying the CC.

I agree with buds but I wouldn't recommend disabling share excess. Just give your xbox large portion of the bandwidth distribution say 85%

Thanks guys glad you're enjoying the CC.

I agree with buds but I wouldn't recommend disabling share excess. Just give your xbox large portion of the bandwidth distribution say 85%

Haha, you are too nice. I pay the bills and I control who gets what bandwidth :)

I'd actually love to be able to input numerical figures for that control. Wind the wife up no end to put her iPad on a nasty adsl equivalent :P

Archived