So, who wants to help me buy my first car ;)?

zqa20

Well i started my new job 2 weeks ago (electrical apprenticeship) and and it's a 100 mile round trip. Lucky for me one of the employees lives near me and takes me there, but i figured at 22 it's time i buy my own car. 

so normally, peoples first cars are small with a small engine to keep insurance low, but for me I'll be driving on motorways A LOT i'll be doing around 24-27k miles a year. 

One thing i know is that i will need I will need a diesel with all the long trips i'll be doing but i don't really know what else to look for :(.

Here's some cars I've looked at in my area that are within my price range  

2008 VAUXHALL VECTRA 1.9 Price: £2400            Insurance £1966 ( i pay monthly)    (97k mileage)

2004 VAUXHALL CORSA 1.3 Price: £1400              Insurance £1700 ( I pay monthly)

2006 Renault Clio 1.5 Price: £2700                     Insurance £1700 ( I pay monthly)    (75k miles)

I've read if you're on motorways a lot you will want a bigger engine, as smaller engines on motorways will have to work like crazy and use up a lot of fuel

Any advice guys???

Personally, I would go for something Japanese. Honda, toyota, nissan. Just don't rush out and buy the first one that you find, if you know anyone with car mechanic experience take them with you when you look at a car you would like to buy. Make sure whoever's selling will start it up for you and let you hear it with the engine running and if you can take it for a test drive, take it for a spin, that way you know how it feels.

Also don't forget! Cars over a certain age will naturally have wear and tear especially if exposed to the elements all there lifetime ☺

Personally, I would go for something Japanese. Honda, toyota, nissan. Just don't rush out and buy the first one that you find, if you know anyone with car mechanic experience take them with you when you look at a car you would like to buy. Make sure whoever's selling will start it up for you and let you hear it with the engine running and if you can take it for a test drive, take it for a spin, that way you know how it feels.

Also don't forget! Cars over a certain age will naturally have wear and tear especially if exposed to the elements all there lifetime ☺

My mates lean more towards pot heads than petrol heads lol xD

Honda with a decent B series motor, you won't regret it.

There's none priced reasonably in my area unless i buy private ;/. I'm tempted to go for the Vectra as it's £2700 (which is what it's worth), 6 months road tax, 12 month MOT and 12 month warranty. The dealer also recommended I have it pre MOT tested by another dealer/mechanic to reassure myself I'm not buying anything dodgy. Sucks it already has 90k mileage on it ;/ but it's in great condition and has only had 1 other owner. 

Gona go test drive it on Saturday but I'm still open to suggestions

Archived