Wifi issue

Hey all again.. So this one isn't a huge priority but I'm having issues connecting my downstairs smart tv via wifi connection. I'm able to locate the SSID and put in my PW.. But then it just won't connect. I'm unsure if the duma has a WAP button we can press or activate on the site to let the smart tv auto sync with it? Or even if there is a way to manually connect the two with wireless access pins and then they can sync? I'm guessing it's because I am just shortly out of the range. If so, and I purchase a wifi extended, would the Duma be compatible to use an extend? Most extenders run off of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac so is our hardware eligible?

Thanks for all the help y'all!

-Bleach

As well as what Zennon has said try and choose the least congested channel for the wifi. Yes you should be able to use a wifi extender if you need it :)

Okay I tried doing the channel thing and it didnt help the Tv connect to the router.. I think the signal actually got weaker from where we first started.. unless there are any other ideas ill just have to get an extender?

In that case you may need to have it connected to the Uverse, everything else should be connected to the R1, however the congestion control may not work correctly if its connected to the Uverse

I think the CC is working properly..? Thats what I was told to do was put it into the uVerse router and set it into bridge mode/DMZ?   Also found out what the WAP is for lol, its just used for the tv boxes to connect to so yea, I still need it plugged into the uVerse.    

I went ahead and just bought a ActionTec Adapter, and it works perfectly fine for my downstairs TV!

• Administrators

I think the CC is working properly..? Thats what I was told to do was put it into the uVerse router and set it into bridge mode/DMZ?   Also found out what the WAP is for lol, its just used for the tv boxes to connect to so yea, I still need it plugged into the uVerse.    

I went ahead and just bought a ActionTec Adapter, and it works perfectly fine for my downstairs TV!

Yeah thats right! Excellent sounds like you're all sorted then :) Am I okay to close this thread? 

Archived