Netduma Resetting itself several times a day?

Hi,

Had my netduma about 10 months now and all of a sudden it resetting itself everyday sometimes several times a day...

I work from home so i'm around the router all day most days and in the last 2-3 weeks the beep sound has been sounding and the internet has been dropping out. It's only for a short time but can cause trouble on my local network.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Also in misc settings I noticed allow remote access for netduma support was ticked.  Is it possible for malicious parties to use this as a gateway access point to reset the netduma gain access to my network?

any help would be appreciated.

It's well ventilated, i have it plugged into a power conditioner that all my home entertainment gear is plugged into.  I'll try direct wall socket it see what happens but haven't had any problems for the other 9 months.  I just changed to fiber recently so my setup has changed a little and it seemed to coincide with that but to me there is no reason for that to have an effect.

I had a small bout of this a few months ago, I found switching between reactive and preemptive would trigger a reboot but not always (aren't those problems fun to diagnose!)

In the end I settled on reactive algo with deep packet inspection off which has been stable for me.

mmm, I had my suspicions.  I have been playing around that recently trying to get the most stable connection.  I am currently on reactive with deep packet inspection off and ipv6 off also had to manually enter my MTU to 1500 which helped.  

It is a weird problem, i thought i was hearing things at first hearing that beep go off out of no where.  I'll try switching power ports, and restrain myself from tweaking further to see if it settles down.  Might be worth looking into as a bug.

The new firmware is due out any day so might be worth upgrading to that and see if it settles down.

I kinda left it alone once it stabilised as this new firmware is heavily optimised and if it is a bug will most likely be taken care of without opening a separate ticket.

Hi,

Just an update, it is still reseting although less frequently.  I've also noticed it is loosing connection and when this happens i am unable to login to the router i have to manually unplug the power supply.

I have wifi disabled, all connection are going through a gigabit hub to console then into a airport AC for the laptops tablets phones etc.  

It has frozen mid game a couple times and while streaming Hulu Netflix etc..   Im happy to provide you with any log files if needed.

If you want to PM the link to the new update I'm happy to give that a go as well to see if it fixes the problem.

What you guys thinking????

Archived