Ugg

Teh1

Guest Netduma Luke

So I bring my router home screen up and Ctrl f5 to hard refresh?

Ctrl + F5 clears your cache but it sounds like you already seeing everything correctly so don't worry about this. The user manual we are putting up should help.

what happened?

I know I'm late. I disabled deep packet processing. I enabled strict mode. I set my geo-filter to around 111km - 500km but the matches felt like they did before I purchased the R1. I did not have problems finding hosts at all and my ping times look good. But I was spiking a lot. I had my bandwidth set at around 70% and I gave my XB1 Priority.  prior to clan wars using the same settings I was having the smoothest matches I had ever had. What I did different, this just so happen to be my first time playing on a weekend before 11pm est. Is it possible this is just how it is at a peak time like weekend during the day. I haven't been on since that day. Also whenever I was just thrown in a match the team was losing horribly, where as during the week I couldn't get into a losing match if i tried. But like I said I'm not blaming the R1 just sharing my experience with it and xb live.

ican confirm connecting to the seattle server while its not in the geocircle..........but other times the geo circles keeps me out.  If others are like me i am always changing parameters so sometimes i have the seattle server in the circle  and the i make the circle smaller and still connect to the seatle server. If however i start a session on a new day after having the equipment off  and start with a small geo circle i wont connect  to seattle server .....so i think something just doesnt reset each and everytime you change parameters on the fly.....its almost like if you want everything to work perfect at given settings you have to turn xbox off and then make your settings and start up again.   Somethings are being remebered when they should not be.....my 2 cents

If you disable it I know it will allow your bandwidth not be throttled.  For some reason it throttles your network a little possible due to the analysis process but I'm not an it guy but I play on tv.  lol  it is more useful for pc gamers and not so for console gamers because console gamers packets are encrypted.  If you play on any console I would just unselect it.  It is under Settings>Miscellaneous.  Hope this helps.

So what does disabling deep pocket processing do and how do you do it. Is it even worth it?

Deep packet inspection is also needed for the preemptive algorithm.

Deep pocket inspection? Something millionaires do? :P

Archived