Button and movement delay

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Crossy,

I've already done all of those ie made sure game mode is on my TV and all the processing is turned off I always use a wired connection to the router And its plugged in via the usb, plus got the latest firmware.It's really strange as the delay never happened on my netgear or by home hub 5 just got lag and the odd bit of button/movement delay.

Hi Guys

Just got home and checked what Benormous asked. My internet speed is 15 down 1 up, the algorithm is set to preemptive, sliders are set to 70% when playing. Geo-filter peer ping unticked, auto ping host ticket, kilometers ticked, show dormont hosts ticked, show legend ticked, i have tried strict mode ticked and unticked. my ping is really good it shows under 30 ms.

my set up is i have the netduma connected to a netgear modem router. I have tried setting it both ways ie modem mode only and router modem mode and still keep getting this delay. I have an open NAT and i have even put the netduma into DMZ and that still does not stop the delay. I have also run the test on internet diagnosis and all comes back exceptional with not packet loss.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks again for all your guys help.

• Netduma Staff

Hi Guys

Just got home and checked what Benormous asked. My internet speed is 15 down 1 up, the algorithm is set to preemptive, sliders are set to 70% when playing. Geo-filter peer ping unticked, auto ping host ticket, kilometers ticked, show dormont hosts ticked, show legend ticked, i have tried strict mode ticked and unticked. my ping is really good it shows under 30 ms.

my set up is i have the netduma connected to a netgear modem router. I have tried setting it both ways ie modem mode only and router modem mode and still keep getting this delay. I have an open NAT and i have even put the netduma into DMZ and that still does not stop the delay. I have also run the test on internet diagnosis and all comes back exceptional with not packet loss.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks again for all your guys help.

I don't play Fifa but I assume there is a single player mode or something that doesn't require connecting to the internet? If there is, can you have a game on that and see if you get the lag. This would determine if it is a networking issue or input lag of some sort :)

Hi Crossy,

There is a single player mode and I don't get any delay from that. This might sound silly and don't know if this has something to do with it but I was sent out a U.S. Version and not a UK version and I've reset it a couple of times. It's supposed to know my location but every time I've done a factory reset it shows as if I'm in the U.S. Not London.

• Netduma Staff

Hi Crossy,

There is a single player mode and I don't get any delay from that. This might sound silly and don't know if this has something to do with it but I was sent out a U.S. Version and not a UK version and I've reset it a couple of times. It's supposed to know my location but every time I've done a factory reset it shows as if I'm in the U.S. Not London.

Ok. I don't think the US version thing would matter.

I'm not too sure why this is happening. What does the GeoFilter look like when you join the game? Is it just the person you are playing that appears or are there other circles/triangles?

Also what happens if you disable the GeoFilter? Do you have the same problem?

Ping Diagnostics

Run Test

Ping Jitter Spikes Packet Loss Exceptional Exceptional Exceptional No Loss
Show Details
Ping
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=0 ttl=53 time=8.894 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=1 ttl=53 time=9.100 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=2 ttl=53 time=9.898 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=3 ttl=53 time=8.559 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=4 ttl=53 time=8.845 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=5 ttl=53 time=8.647 ms