wired connections dont appear....

willfalc

Hey folks, first post and just received my netduma R1.

Few problems, start with the main one first.

so ive got my laptop and my iphone connected via wifi.

ive got my PS4 connected via Ethernet.

My netduma is connected to the GigE port of my BTHomeHub 4

I was going through the 5 min tour and ive not gotten any further than host filtering - select device.

The only devices I can select are my phone or my laptop.. I didn't buy a netduma for either of those devices..

If I click on device manager it only shows my phone and my laptop connected.. ive tried Ethernet ports 2 upto 5 on the netduma, switch things off and on multiple times and my PS4 is definitely connected as its showing as im signed into PSN and connection status and test is ok.

So whats wrong, why is my PS4 not showing under the devices list and why cant I select it in the host filtering??

regards

Will

on the ps4 I have gone into 'network > set up internet connection > use lan cable > easy

verified that the connection is working, checked the netduma device manager section and host filtering section again but its still not there

thanks for quick reply btw

Can you run a network test on the PS4, take a picture of them and post them here please :)

I was trying to do just that but doesn't look like I can upload a pic from my iphone camera roll. I'll need to save it somewhere first.. any suggestions where ?

• Netduma Staff

I was trying to do just that but doesn't look like I can upload a pic from my iphone camera roll. I'll need to save it somewhere first.. any suggestions where ?

On your phone go to 'imgur.com', upload it to there, copy the link and paste it in a post here :) Then we can click on it and see it.

Hmm, thats strange - it should be showing up on the device manager. Can you make sure you are on the latest version (1.03.4). If you're not you can upgrade here :)

I had version 1.03.3 (only bought the router from netduma on sunday) anyway I did that upgrade, turned everything off, let it all reboot and im no further forward....

• Netduma Staff

I had version 1.03.3 (only bought the router from netduma on sunday) anyway I did that upgrade, turned everything off, let it all reboot and im no further forward....

Could you try connecting the PS4 wirelessly and see if it shows up? Or try a different ethernet cable.

thanks for your help guys.

hmmmm now im located in the very north of Scotland, my host filtering shows me in London.. or their abouts.. I need that white arrow shifted to the very top of the UK.. and I mean the very top lol

edited... Im taking the tour.. ive shifted it now.. lol

• Administrators

Just a side note, your location doesn't need to be super accurate, you'll probably encompass the entirety of the UK and some of Europe in your filter, so having it in the middle of England or London will enable you to encompass more land rather than sea :)

Archived