Problems with my Netduma *update* Partial Fix

Do a power reset. Shut down modem and R1 and any AP's wait about a minute plug in the modem wait a minute plug in the router wait a minute and plug in the AP(if applicable). Run test. Reports results.

did this twice already. My speeds are fine while plugged directly into the modem. its only when I plug into the R1 that the issue occurs.

Uploading screenshots of everything I can think of to help out. Here we go.

First this is my modem status.

Status.jpg

This is the Congestion Control

Congestion_Control.jpg

Diagnosis

Diagnosis.jpg

Bandwidth as my ISP has told me it was.

Bandwidth.jpg

Lan Settings

Lan.jpg

Wan Settings

wan.jpg

Miscellaneous Settings

Misc.jpg

This is my speeds with direct connect to my modem. No R1.

modemspeed.jpg

And Finally this is my R1 connected to my modem.

R1speed.jpg

• Administrators

Heres a few things I would suggest, are you using the red cat6 we provided to connect the R1 to your modem? If not/if so, have you got another cable you could test with. Just before you're about to do a speed test, lower the anti-flood caps then put them back to 100% then also click reset distribution on device prioritisation. Then do wired speed tests on multiple different servers as some can give lower speeds than normal. 

Heres a few things I would suggest, are you using the red cat6 we provided to connect the R1 to your modem? If not/if so, have you got another cable you could test with. Just before you're about to do a speed test, lower the anti-flood caps then put them back to 100% then also click reset distribution on device prioritisation. Then do wired speed tests on multiple different servers as some can give lower speeds than normal.

Yah I was using the red one. I have some extra cat6 patch cables and will try that when I get home.

yah I just tried to use different patch cables. I also lowered the anti-flood to 0% and returned it to 100%. I even reset distribution on all devices. No change at all.

I even tested all of the patch cables directly connected to the modem with my pc and achieved 150mpbs+ easily. /sigh

I am confident at this point that either I have a defective R1 or not all are made the same if some people are achieving higher caps than others. I have done everything in my power. If the next firmware update doesn't fix this I may have to return my R1.

I kind of hate you lol.

I just tried reinstalling the current firmware without keeping settings. The R1 went through the whole process. I have access to the internet through it, but can't access the browser interface anymore.... ?

I waited about 30 minutes and unplugged the router. waited a few minutes and plugged everything back into it. no change. I think its defective. :(

edit: nevermind I fixed it somehow. I unplugged everything and shut down all my devices. I pressed the reset button on the R1 after plugging it back in. waited for the boot sequence, then plugged in all my connections again. I got the interface back. still no better connection speeds after setting it up again.

The next update will easily allow your full speeds, strange that you are not getting them now. All routers are made the same so should not be an issue there at all. I can arrange a 1 on 1 with you if you like

Yah that would be cool. How you wanna do it?

I also have Cox as my provider. In fact I live in Council Bluffs! I have also experienced the same slow speed tests as you. I'm getting the upload speeds just not the download speeds. I use the provided Cisco modem. Cox communications is very picky about what equipment to use. This includes modems and routers. I'm currently getting 115-120 down and 18-24 up. Not sure if you have already resolved your issues but thought I'd post something since we share the same ISP and live within 20 minutes of each other.

• Administrators

I also have Cox as my provider. In fact I live in Council Bluffs! I have also experienced the same slow speed tests as you. I'm getting the upload speeds just not the download speeds. I use the provided Cisco modem. Cox communications is very picky about what equipment to use. This includes modems and routers. I'm currently getting 115-120 down and 18-24 up. Not sure if you have already resolved your issues but thought I'd post something since we share the same ISP and live within 20 minutes of each other.

Ahh thats very interesting. Is that the speeds through the duma? If so thats the max available right now, next update will support 900mbps+ though :)

Ahh thats very interesting. Is that the speeds through the duma? If so thats the max available right now, next update will support 900mbps+ though :)

OK I have figured out that the issues are back again. And I have figured out the issue is quite specific. I recently started downloading games on my ps4. The ps4 will allow up to 4 simultaneous downloads and queue any additional. The netduma will not crash if 1 or 2 files are downloading, but if 3 or more are it will kind of crash. Internet speeds are abismal when it crashes and forces me to reset the router. If I plug the ps4 directly into my modem there are no issues. I hope this gets fixed in the next update.

Hmm interesting, is this with anti-flood on or off?

Anti flood was off. I came home and tried to video the anomaly, but was unsuccessful. The issue occurred when my roommates were home so I will attempt to test it later.

Archived