Windows 10 using your internet to make others update faster.

PuppetMaster

Just keep adding to the list of reason why I keep windows 7 lol

I'm on 8.1 because 7 keeps crashing on me...I'm staying as far away from Windows 10 as I can, it's the new NSA operating system. :lol:  :blink:

I turned this off the moment I installed it , unticking all in priavcy and using destroy windows 10 spying (which now supports the spying that is in 7 and 8) goes a long way.

I don't mind the LAN aspect of this but using customer's internet to distribute the updates is a step too far, and as for detecting metred connections you know it's just a matter of time till a story hits about win 10 costing someone a lot of money by hammering their metred connection lol.

And don't get me started on wi-fi sense, what a retarded idea that is.

It's a shame coz I'm liking win 10 overall but it needs a lot of tweaking to make it acceptable to use, something regular users wouldn't know how to do.

Turned all that shite off from the get go. I like windows 10 so far, but only because I have it all setup way I like.

People who don't know any better will have all manner of things going on, like the torrent updates etc.

Don think for one minute that 8.1 does not spy on you mind destroy windows 10 spying now destroys 7 and 8 spying.

I have been telling my mates that they have been at it for years and they all thought i was mad.

Just look in system32 and read through the .dll's . shocking lol

Well, it doesn't work as well for my media center as 8.1 does. Turns out that start menu is super useful when using a remote 10' away from a TV.

You can switch to win 8 style start screen via options.

right click taskbar -> properties -> start menu

untick "use start menu"

i just reverted last night. win10 has too many problems. for some reason it has problems with my network adaptor and losing internet connection. i disable and re-enable it and still doesnt work, have to reboot... too many reboots so i reverted before my month was over and unable to do so. and once turning off all that stuff, the stuff that was supposed to be fun about win10 doesnt work anymore. i can always load it back up another time.

Yeah you have until 29th July 2016 anyhow.

There is always going to be bug's and stuff I have been lucky with it and turning off all the privacy stuff has not made a difference to me and how i use it.

Yeah I would never use Cortana, kinect, sign in to a search engine or use Google search engine.

It is all weird voyeurism on the part of the developers, that and ad revenue haha.

I use startpage it uses Google's search engine, you ask Startpage the query then they ask Google.

No profile being made on your browsing habbits from Google, man in the middle cutting out the profile profiteering.

I like to make it as hard as posible for companys that have a god complex.

Good post about using our internet to make others update faster about Windows 10. After reading your post, I guess that your might be professional in Windows, so is you know how  to deal with the trouble of Windows 10 login password reset? Can you give me some tips about it? Thank you.

This is the third time you have posted this link, this is starting to look like spam, please answer my private message korence.

Archived