The duma + ps3 + ops 2=??

I was just wondering if anybody had any success playing black ops2 on ps3 using the duma? In regards to improved ping times ect.. Also is it still possible to be chosen for host yourself using the duma?

Absolutely,the older titles play great with the duma,BO2,MW3.BO1 etc.And I couldn't stand BO2 when it was out,but with the duma it's actually fun.

And yes you can be host using the duma,happens all the time on BO2 and MW3 for me but your milage may vary.It depends on where your home location is in reguards to a dedicated server.If there is a dedi in your GF more than likely that server will be host but if you move your home location in between the servers or shrink your GF so no dedi's are on it you might get host.But they're are lots of variables that go into figuring out who draws host

I played a full prestige run on PS3 after getting the [Duma] and it was fantastic.  Because PS3 was a free online service, a lot of the player hosts SUCK big bags of cawk, so being able to blacklist them and control my connection was exactly what was needed.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

JD

A quick question. Is there anything else needed to do apart from moving home location and reducing GF?

E.g. Do I need to untick strict mode or disable ps3 service or leave everything else the same?

A quick question. Is there anything else needed to do apart from moving home location and reducing GF?

E.g. Do I need to untick strict mode or disable ps3 service or leave everything else the same?

Hi Cajun - You want to leave Strict Mode 'ticked' if you want the Geo-Filter to keep your hosts INSIDE the circle that you drew from your 'home' location.  If you untick/turn off Strict, you will connect to lobbies outside your Geo Filter circle.  With it on, you should only get hosts INSIDE your filter, unless you use Ping Assist or if the server in question is a Dedicated Server.  I do not believe we currently support the ability to block dedicated servers for a number of reasons.

Now, if you don't have any great lobbies in your area, i.e. - you live on a houseboat out at see and connect through a really, really long line that lies on the ocean floor, you can move you 'home' location to a more heavily populated area and set your radius there for game play.  NOTE:  That doesn't mean you won't have any lag.  You will have any lag associated from your house to the host.  

Example:  You live 200 miles from the host,  Your ping is based on that 200 miles of plant/infrastructure from you to that host.

Now, say it's 200 miles from your physical location, to where you called 'home' on the map.  And then the host is another 100 miles from that center.  Your ping would be based on 300 miles of plant, from your physical location to the host.  Whatever is in between, will change your ping. 

Thanks Dillinger, that is very helpful. What I wanted to know though and (apologies if my last post was misleading) was - in response to fuzzy clam's post in improving my chances of being host, as well as what he suggested above, do I need to disable service, untick strict mode etc?

• Administrators

Thanks Dillinger, that is very helpful. What I wanted to know though and (apologies if my last post was misleading) was - in response to fuzzy clam's post in improving my chances of being host, as well as what he suggested above, do I need to disable service, untick strict mode etc?

Theres not much you can do to improve your chances of being host other than having a really good internet I imagine

@ Cajun72...yeah the way the game picks the host is anyone's guess.But if your preference is to play on P2P, or trying to pull host remember what Dillinger said,most of the P2P hosts are horrible.Just move your home location to a place where no dedi's are and set your PA to zero,so it doesn't pick up any.

And see how it plays out for you but like I said before,there are way to many variables involved to have any exact way to pull host.You might get it sometimes but again you might not.You might find playing BO2 that you want to be on the deli's,not P2P

You might find playing BO2 that you want to be on the deli's,not P2P

I actually have pretty good "luck" on P2P hosts for Blops2.  Once you rate a few good hosts, and block some of the trash you are talking about with the free online play for PS3, the P2P stuff plays pretty good once you are willing to accept the basic bullshit that comes with Blops 2.  Snipers, Target finders and that damn HK drone.  I swear that thing will ONLY search me out and always hits me when I am on a good run.   :(

Yeah I pull host quite a bit when I play BO2,but not everyone will.And most forget to rate hosts (good or bad) and I actually have pretty good games on the Illinois bank of servers which are 85 miles from my house.

But on AW that is not the case as only 2 servers are good for me.Yes I've written down every server in the banks I play on and can tell you which one's are good and which ones are bad.So far in AW I've only found 2 out of 13 in that bank that play well.

But in BO2 most of them play pretty well for me,so I guess I'm lucky... ;)

But in BO2 most of them play pretty well for me,so I guess I'm lucky... ;)

Are you playing on PS3 or XB360?  I am back on the PS3 for Blops2 through the November roll out.  And I have ordered a BB PS4 controller to go with the PS4 that showed up yesterday.  I am not a convert to the PS blue my large friend.

@ Dillinger when I'm playing the older titles I'm on PS3.And I'm glad you finally pulled the trigger on the PS4,you must really like the BB,looks like I gotta order one of those things too.My other scuff hasn't broke yet for my PS4,so before it does I guess I should have a BB ready and waiting... :D

@ Dillinger when I'm playing the older titles I'm on PS3.And I'm glad you finally pulled the trigger on the PS4,you must really like the BB,looks like I gotta order one of those things too.My other scuff hasn't broke yet for my PS4,so before it does I guess I should have a BB ready and waiting... :D

I really liked gaming the Beta with the BB. I truly believe those Smart triggers are a step ahead of the Scuf "screw in a plastic trigger as a stop". I felt the bottom button was easily to activate quickly, and felt quicker to me, which helps now that melee is a two hit to the front.

I'll send you a lame friend request when I get the PS online.

Played this weekend on the PS3 for the first time in awhile.  151K players online Saturday morning, which is more than I have seen in quite some time.

Pre-emptive | 72/72 on sliders with a Geo radius of about 350 miles on West Coast seemed to be the settings that worked for me.

I have read and heard for a long time that PS players aren't as good as Xbox players, but I think part of the problem is that the connections are so sporadic on Playstation prior to the pay service they have now for PS4.    I had lobbies that were less than 100 miles from me with 100+ms pings on them.   :(   That is just no way to play a first person shooter like CoD.  

Ran into a guy with a 4.74 K/D, and he had like 20K kills, so it wasn't a fluke.  Played one lobby against him and his MLG teammate and while I can't say they were hacking, the main dude DEFINITELY didn't miss many shots and seemed to know the doorway or angle I was taking before I got there.  One beating was enough there as we got smoked in 6v6 TDM, but it was really more like him and his partner versus the 6 of us as it was scorestreak after scorestreak coming down on us.  

All in all it was a decent run that got me through Prestige 3 and into level 4.  Going to try and hit master prestige before Nov 6th, but that is a lofty goal given the time we have left.

Anyone on the PS3 that wants to play some evening TDM or K/C - let me know and we can set something up.

Archived