Did I set it up correctly with homeplugs?

Hello. I just want to make sure I have set everything up the right way.

The Asus router mode is set to “wireless router”. The WAN IP from Netduma is set as DMZ in the Asus router.

The way I have it setup is modem---Router Asus---Router Netduma R1---Homeplug---Homeplug---Playstation 4. (See attached picture)

post-3952-0-53693300-1440451029_thumb.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Hi Poseidon, welcome to the forum :)

That set up looks exactly how it should be. If you want to you could switch the positions of the Netduma and the Asus and use the Wifi from the Asus instead of the Netduma :)

Yes. Just like Crossy said. If the R1 is not the primary you will lose some of the congestion control capabilities.

ive tried the netduma as the primary i didnt like it 

I swapped the routers. Here's a updated picture

attachicon.gifNetdumasetup.jpg

Thanks for the help  :). It seems to be even more stable when setup like this compared to before. 

attachicon.gifpingtesting.jpg

Just make sure you set the Asus into access point or AP mode (it should be in the initial setup if you do a factory reset) and I believe if you do that the ethernet should go from the R1 to another LAN port on the Asus, not the WAN port or the blue one. The advantage to this is so that the R1 sees all the devices and you have more control over bandwidth per device. Plus then it's not 2 separate networks.

Archived