Failed NAT TYPE ps4

• Netduma Staff

Have you tried rebooting the Netgear, Netduma and console?

If you haven't do it like this:

1. Turn off Netduma, Netgear and PS4.
  2. Connect Netgear.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Connect Netduma.
  5. Wait 30 seconds.
  6. Turn on PS4.
  7. Check the NAT.

Have you tried rebooting the Netgear, Netduma and console?

If you haven't do it like this:

1. Turn off Netduma, Netgear and PS4.
  2. Connect Netgear.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Connect Netduma.
  5. Wait 30 seconds.
  6. Turn on PS4.
  7. Check the NAT.

yes I have but i can try again.  I have to leave for a trip but i'll be back by Friday.

• Netduma Staff

yes I have but i can try again.  I have to leave for a trip but i'll be back by Friday.

Ok, if that doesn't work then maybe some users who have the Nighthawk can offer some suggestions :) I remember someone else having issues with the Nighthawk and getting an Open NAT.

Ok, if that doesn't work then maybe some users who have the Nighthawk can offer some suggestions :) I remember someone else having issues with the Nighthawk and getting an Open NAT.

When I get back i'll try it again and post my results. :) hopefully it will work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did a factory rest.  I was able to get a NAT type 3 instead of a failed nat type. In CoD it is strict....Is there anything else I can do.  I don't understand. It worked before now after the reseting the Netgear it won't work.

• Administrators

Did a factory rest.  I was able to get a NAT type 3 instead of a failed nat type. In CoD it is strict....Is there anything else I can do.  I don't understand. It worked before now after the reseting the Netgear it won't work.

Can you double check that the WAN IP from the Duma is the same as in the Netgears DMZ, I suspect it is either not there anymore due to the reset or the WAN IP on the duma has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you double check that the WAN IP from the Duma is the same as in the Netgears DMZ, I suspect it is either not there anymore due to the reset or the WAN IP on the duma has changed.

it did change I entered new ip in the DMZ.  hopefully this will work.

Archived