Something went wrong when trying to ping.

E4SYMONEY

Please forgive me if there is already a thread on this. I searched for a bit and I didn't find anyone having this problem. I would like to start off by saying that this routing is working great for me, the only problem I am having is since updating to .6 When I try to see my ping I get an error message saying "something went wrong when trying to ping" and is says it all the time. The message pops up immediately as if its not really trying. Am I the only now having this problem? Is there a fix? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Crossy,

Hi EasyMoney have you enabled your console on VPN by anychance? That causes the ping problem you mention.

Thanks Crossy,

Hi EasyMoney have you enabled your console on VPN by anychance? That causes the ping problem you mention.

I have not.

Try restarting the router. To do this, unplug the power for about 10 seconds and then reconnect the power. See if you can ping the host after that :)

I have tried this and it did not work.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Easymoney I just accessed you router you do have VPN enabled. You will did to disable this for the ping feature to work I'm afraid. 

• 6 months later...

Ok i made a post in the introduction section. As for the router it still seems to be messing up, On the VPN tab it says disconnected but the enable box is ticked should i untick it?

Check it >Click Apply. Then it should say connected.  Then uncheck it> Click Apply.  Then it should should go back to being Disconnected. 

But yeah if it is unchecked it should be disconnected.  

• Administrators

i try disabling my VPN but it still keeps saying " Something went wrong when trying to ping", i don't know what else to do any other advice?

Also 1st time here im new to this just signed up today!

Hey Addie, welcome to the forum, follow this link and it should help resolve your issue http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_can_t_i_ping

Archived