wii-u

toby jugs

i have 4 devices listed as nintendo how do i find which one is the wii-u?

i need to to get this sorted as my little boy is getting owned by skanky(his word not mine) japanese kids on splatoon lol

• Netduma Staff

do i need to change the advanced settings?

you should just need to select Wii or Nintendo or whatever it says in the service list on GeoFilter. Have you added it to the GeoFilter? Also what is the game?

splatoon is the game and i have the service selected on tcp 80.

i know ive got the correct device by turning it on and off a couple of times and looking whats on in the device manager

• Netduma Staff

splatoon is the game and i have the service selected on tcp 80.

i know ive got the correct device by turning it on and off a couple of times and looking whats on in the device manager

Change it from port 80 to 'Wii Online'  :)

cheers crossy,it's working but he cant get any games in ranked play even with the filter on 2300km radius, all it wants to do is connect to a host in japan almost straight away or one in america.

you can't just sit and wait for a lobby either because the wii-u times out with an error message.

• Netduma Staff

cheers crossy,it's working but he cant get any games in ranked play even with the filter on 2300km radius all it wants to do is connect to a host in japan almost straight away or one in america.

you can't just sit and wait for a lobby either because the wii-u times out with an error message.

Might be because it just runs of dedicated servers and there are only two. Could you just include one of them.

• Netduma Staff

i'll have a tinker tommorrow and increase the range so that america is included but not japan and see if that helps.

tyvm crossy

No problem :) Hopefully including the US server lets him get into games.

re-applied cloud, bleeding edge was already on and unticked strict mode.

no noticeable difference unfortunately.

i tried moving home location around, first i set it in the middle of the usa with the filter covering the whole country.it would not find a match.

the first host always appears in japan.

so i set the home location right in the middle of the land where the sun rises to see what would happen.

lobbies found immediately, pinging 250ms lol my boy was on the winning team for all 4 matches he played and was dishing it out before he decided that he wanted to watch 'the day my butt went psycho' on netflix.

yup he was having a blast when i moved it to japan.

i think i've got it covered now fraser, if he has any more rage tantrums i'll tinker with the home location again after he's done his pennance on the naughty step.

cheers for the 1 on 1 offer anyway but i'm sure you've got more important things to worry about.......like tee shirts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Does anyone know which ports does the Wii U need to play online games with Open NAT?

This console doesn't even have UPnP or NAT Type status info (like XBOX)...

If you follow this guide it should open your NAT http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_natif its not already :)

Archived