VPN username and setup

Hello, i have the Net Duma device and i am trying to figure out how to use the VPN software. I have selected my device but dont know what my username and password should be since i don't have any kind of VPN subscription. I would like to know what the best subscriptions are and how i would go about activating it on the Net Duma router page. Looking forward to a reply thanks.

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum and thanks for purchasing! If you don't need a VPN I'd advise not using one but if you do want to use one then I'd recommend a gaming VPN if thats what you need to use it for. Then you can connect to it using the advanced section of the VPN page which we can help with once you have a VPN subscription :)

• Netduma Staff

Hi Rhysfox98, welcome to the forum :)

It depends what you want to use the VPN for, is it for gaming?

And with regards to how to set it up, unless you choose HMA, you need to get the OpenVPN config and enter it into the advanced section :)

• Administrators

Do you get DDoSed then? It will add some latency however you can mitigate it as much as possible by using a gaming VPN, choosing a local server and using all the other R1 features to ensure you have the best connection possible. I don't have any recommendations per se but if you google gaming VPN theres quite a few that come up or "Top 5 best gaming VPNs" etc so you can compare :)

• 6 months later...

Archived