my ping is 56 all the time sure i get one of this ? help

dominican_3niz

• Netduma Staff

Are you playing on wireless at the moment? Cause if your measuring your ping on the Netduma, it doesn't take into account the latency from the Netduma to the console which is one of the things these would help with so you might not actually see a decrease in ping. If you are playing wireless though, these would definitely help :)

• Netduma Staff

na crossy im playing wired all the time, i mean i dont have issue with my internet is just that my ping wont go down from 50 to 40 on my r1 averytime im playing. and im paying for 75 down and 5 up

Where were you going to plug them in to decrease your ping? If your connection is Wall >> Modem >> Netduma >> Console (all wired) then I don't think power-line adapters would speed anything up :) Is it a speed issue your having?

• Netduma Staff

iight no matter what i do, my ping allways going to be there ?

Yes - unless you have an issue with your line that is causing it - in which case it could be fixed. But if your not experiencing excessive jitter (and it sounds like you aren't cause you said your ping is always at 56) then no, not much you can do about it (at least in your own network).

Where were you going to plug them in to decrease your ping? If your connection is Wall >> Modem >> Netduma >> Console (all wired) then I don't think power-line adapters would speed anything up :) Is it a speed issue your having?

I agree with Crossy.  If the signal strength and percentage of packets sent/received has a high level of success, adding another powered unit isn't going to help.  In fact, it has the ability to make things worse because it artificially raises a noise floor that could really mess shit up.

It appears the question is concerning your ping, but I don't see what, specifically, you are pinging.  Are you doing a speed test?  Or is this your "in game" ping?

Was this the same prior to adding the Net Duma?  Or was it a case where you never did a speed test prior?

My first thought is to eliminate the [Duma], wire with your original gear, and do a speed test to confirm if there is a problem AT your house, or if there is a problem upstream on the street feeding your house.

• Netduma Staff

yes crossy

and dillinger yes, when i run speed test without the r1 my speed is good more them what im paying for

So it could be congestion in your area. Could your ring something like ping plotter then call your ISP?

so without the [Duma] your speed is higher than you pay for.  But if you have the [Duma] hooked up, and you ping the same server, using the same test, it's steady at 56ms?  :huh:  :unsure:

had you already posted you internet diagnostics here? as that is important to establish waht is your base ping and form there determinate what sort of actions to take

and also the device you presenten is i belive a power link adapter.

which  is most comonly use in syatuation where for example your router is on the frist flor and you pc or gaming consloe is on the second. But you still want to run a cable connection insted of wireless. Basicaly a extention to your home network to run it as you like it.

Actually - I've had very good results using those - they're a very good alternative to Wifi.

even with pings? my experience with them wasn't good, I was noticing slower speeds, packet loss, and poor latency...

perhaps it was just the adapter I was using.

• Netduma Staff

even with pings? my experience with them wasn't good, I was noticing slower speeds, packet loss, and poor latency...

perhaps it was just the adapter I was using.

Yes - when wired directly to them I've found the pings reasonable. Definitely much much better than Wifi from my experience. Not quite on wired standards but imo definitely not too far off. I have found in the past, as soon as one starts to get old, it really shows and that's when it gets slow and spiky. But when they're new they work well for me :)

Archived