Find IP of PC in Device Manager

BLCUSF

I have the Netduma and looked at the device manager daily as well as congestion control etc... I saw a new device pop up in the device manager that I do not recognize the name. The name part does not include the IP so I cannot trace it back to anything. It states it is a PC, given the name but I have not added any new PCs. I went to my R7000 router and locked down all devices that do not contain a name (my R7000 router does not show the offending PC name).

So is there a way for the Netduma to tell me what IP this device is?  Want to make sure it is not a rogue connection from my network our outside my network coming through my PC.  See attached. 

As well I upgraded to Windows 10 and only noticed this after the upgrade, not immediately, but that night when I brought up Netduma to play, it was not there the previous day.

post-502-0-56393800-1438960052_thumb.png

• Administrators

That is very strange, is there a chance you've named a PC like this at all? If it doesn't have an IP address it means its not connected, can you delete it? If it does get an IP then you'll be able to tell if its a device on your network in which case if you're sure its nothing or yours it may be worth changing the Wifi password.

Yeah I am pretty confident it is not something I did or any of my family did.  I just found out how to delete from the Device Manager, did not know I could do that. I will monitor to see if it comes back in or for others that may.  

As well, if I block something in the Device Manager (when I hit edit) will I be able to go Unblock it later? (Update: I see you can unblock as well now).

Mine has changed since using win 10 to a name i have not gave it so it might well be win 10 at it.

Another thing is that windows updates use P2P now unless you opt out.

To opt out

Start / settings / update & security / windows update / advanced options / choose how updates are delivered

This uses bandwidth when users do not realize, great for gamers who dont have a duma when your playing against them gerrrrr MS.

Archived