1.03.4 Destiny error code

onezerosix141

i thought it might be good to see how everyone is doing after the update in one place

since i've updated, i'm getting error code Bee

overall, it seems frequency of getting disconnected has gone down but error code: Bee is the only one i'm getting. prior to the update, i was getting multiple different error codes.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Error-Code-BEE--FLY--LION/en/Help/Article/11829

6/26/2015

Error Code: BEE / FLY / LION
BEE/FLY/LION errors can be caused by general disconnections between you and the various routes your traffic takes across the internet to get to Bungie. This includes packet loss or disconnections between your home network and Bungie (such as ISP saturation or general internet congestion). It can even be caused by certain WiFi setups, faulty in-home wiring, or other issues that require on-site support or expert investigation. 

Disconnects of this type can also be caused by bandwidth being claimed by other devices and applications. It may be necessary to avoid file-sharing, video streaming or other bandwidth intensive tasks on any device connected to your network while playing Destiny, including console applications that run  in the background or in a window as you game.

If you hit this frequently, please follow the suggestions in our Network Troubleshooting Guide to see if troubleshooting your setup, or switching from a wireless to a wired setup improves your experience.

During investigation, Bungie has seen users hitting these errors in geographic clusters in different places at different times. For example, we recently detected 25% packet loss from the UK at the same time a number of users located there saw errors. These internet conditions usually pass quickly, and the errors often go away on their own when this happens.

Have you ticked strict mode on? In that cas, it's normal because servers can no longer communicate with your console sometime

These are the setting i'm using:

Destiny setting

autocloud & bleeding edge = checked

Ping Assist = 0ms

Strict mode = off

Peer ping = checked

with Fast Search setup

• Administrators

Cheers Iain, there is something i can do to help on that issue? Test something with the cloud?

Hey Chive you can help by doing the following:

If you have auto/bleeding edge ticked and applied with strict off is there booting? If so do you see anything that is getting blocked when this occurs? 

If the Geo is disabled do you get booting? 

Played last night , had some very laggy games. So I logged in checked my settings. Went to the cloud settings to ensure it was set on the recommended configuration. Everything was set right then I rebooted the R1. Went back online to play a match in clash.  Game felt smooth, shot were registering as it would. Finished the match 22-5. So I guess the update and reboot worked. FYI this was with strict mode off.

I did notice again this circle that's always in the same location.  I brought this up to Fraser a week ago. Saw it again last night while I was idle in orbit and it was just me.None of my friends were online playing Destiny. I don't know what/who it maybe but it seems to pop up a lot. Fraser said its nothing to be concerned off. Anyone else experience this? I just find it weird. 

After multiple tests on crucible, i can say one thing: it's unbelievable !

My games are so smooth than ever before !

First skirmish, 24-3 and i'm sick !  :wacko:

Thank you so much to bring back the destiny i've loved before with awesome hitbox and bullshit less !

If anyone need some help on this, i'll be very glad to help him and the duma team  :P

Hi onezerox can you confirm that you don't get that error with the Geo-Filter disabled? thanks :)

I, too, will confirm that I received the "BEE" error with Geo-Filter enabled, but with it disabled, I no longer encounter it.

Just some more info., for Iain and crew...

-My home location is still in Kansas, rather than NY where I live.

-I was pinging about 60 in basic game tasks such as being in orbit, going to the tower (Earth) and doing some patrol missions (Earth) to dust the rust off my Destiny skills (getting ready for "The Taken King" that will make the game how it should have been at launch, according to many people, myself included).

I'm in Huntsville, AL, US - I've tried both a US wide filter and a ~1000km one around my actual home. No dice.

Settings:

Strict mode disabled.

Auto cloud and bleeding edge cloud enabled.

Ping assist 50ms.

Peer ping disabled.

I've been getting nothing but 'rabbit' errors since the update. With the filter disabled there are no issues (other than the poor connections, of course). 

To make it more fun, there is no documentation at all that I can find on bungie.net about the 'rabbit' error code. I've asked @BungieHelp on twitter for clarification.

Before the update, I would use a tight filter for the search, and expand the filter to cover the world as it loaded in. This also doesn't work after the update for me. Tangentially related to that, disabling the filter while in a match disconnects me; It'd be nice if you could toggle it without that happening, instead of having to constantly change the filter size.

In case it matters: I was playing with one other person (I was the party leader), about 10km away and whitelisted.

I'm gonna try some more tonight. I also didn't reboot the router, gonna do that for good measure if it stays broken.

I, too, will confirm that I received the "BEE" error with Geo-Filter enabled, but with it disabled, I no longer encounter it.

Just some more info., for Iain and crew...

-My home location is still in Kansas, rather than NY where I live.

-I was pinging about 60 in basic game tasks such as being in orbit, going to the tower (Earth) and doing some patrol missions (Earth) to dust the rust off my Destiny skills (getting ready for "The Taken King" that will make the game how it should have been at launch, according to many people, myself included).

Bungie doesn't have any explanation about this error so, i think, it's something you can resolve yourself.

Can you give us some screenshots of your configuration? It will be more simple to find the issue.

I'm in Huntsville, AL, US - I've tried both a US wide filter and a ~1000km one around my actual home. No dice.

Settings:

Strict mode disabled.

Auto cloud and bleeding edge cloud enabled.

Ping assist 50ms.

Peer ping disabled.

I've been getting nothing but 'rabbit' errors since the update. With the filter disabled there are no issues (other than the poor connections, of course). 

To make it more fun, there is no documentation at all that I can find on bungie.net about the 'rabbit' error code. I've asked @BungieHelp on twitter for clarification.

Before the update, I would use a tight filter for the search, and expand the filter to cover the world as it loaded in. This also doesn't work after the update for me. Tangentially related to that, disabling the filter while in a match disconnects me; It'd be nice if you could toggle it without that happening, instead of having to constantly change the filter size.

In case it matters: I was playing with one other person (I was the party leader), about 10km away and whitelisted.

I'm gonna try some more tonight. I also didn't reboot the router, gonna do that for good measure if it stays broken.

There is no need of ping assist with Destiny: you can put the PA to 0.

Both of you, make sure that UPNP is enabled and upnp port forwarding in miscellaneous.

Make sure that your console has a fixed IP adress configured on the router and directly in her parameters.

After that, reboot the router and play few games to see if something changed.

having Nashville, TN as home location, i ran into error code Bee when i exclude west coast. so, 3283km or less seems get the error code. If i have it set at 3283km, i don't get error code with strict mode on or off. 

Destiny setting

autocloud & bleeding edge = checked

Ping Assist = 0ms

Strict mode = off/on

Peer ping = checked

• Administrators

Disabling the filter when in a match should definitely not disconnect you, if anything it would allow more connections through, not limit them to the point of booting. 

So theres something essentially at that distance getting allowed that allows you to have no errors appearing. When you get this error does anything appear blocked on the Geo-filter? 

I didn't get a chance to play last night, but I have been playing tonight. It seems whatever was happening the day of the update has cleared - I've been playing all night with a 800km filter, with no issues and good connections. The only difference is I'm playing alone tonight. I'll update with any changes when next playing in a party.

It makes me wonder if the router just didn't take the cloud updates correctly or something? I didn't reboot it either, for what it's worth.

Oh, and toggling the filter no longer causes a disconnect either - Not that I've needed to, but tested just in case. Good news all around, so far. :)

• Administrators

Just a quick update - played for an hour last night with a party, 800km filter and no issues at all! Good stuff.

A few laggers here and there, but that's on Destiny's matchmaking; Connections were all close and pinging fine.

Thanks for the update, thats awesome to hear!

Archived