Some quick questions

Xaniene

• Administrators

Hi Xaniene,

Orders placed before 1pm UK time on a working day will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the next working day. Delivery is handled by the courier you select at checkout (usually UPS), with the estimated delivery time displayed when you choose your shipping option. All routers are shipped from the United Kingdom. While delivery estimates are very accurate, they cannot be guaranteed.

During the Setup Wizard, you'll be given the chance to define your priorities. I would suggest putting Gaming at number 1, followed by Video & Streaming.

If required, you can also choose to prioritise specific devices over others. For example you may choose to prioriise your TV to give it more bandwidth for Crunchyroll.

Just make sure to do the Speed Test and Ping Optimiser during Setup Wizard, and you should be good to go.

Check here for more details: https://support.netduma.com/docs/dumaos-4/

5 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Snip

Hey Alex! thanks for the fast response

I paid for the expedited order the 1-2 day shipping, but i don't think I've received any info it yet?

Couple more things, Does this router have the same issues as XR1000 V1 had?, Or will I not experience all that?

And is it still recommended to factory reset the router after updating the newest firmware? or is there a firmware you guys would recommend for my needs?

And are their any last min things I should know?

• Administrators

If you've emailed us I will have responded to you now with your tracking but if not email [email protected] and I can provide it to you.

What issue exactly? You don't need to factory reset after each update. We don't do specific updates for different needs, running the latest will generally be advisable. 

Given your usage I would definitely suggest spending time fine tuning Congestion Control/your SmartBOOST priorities/bandwidth allocations to what works best for your household.

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

snip

XR1000 V1 I had the constant disconnect issues, we had issues with the Duma OS not loading or getting infinitely stuck, or randomly booting us from router page, Not getting decent speeds (Compared to my other router edge router x I can pull like 900mbps on steam)

mobile devices acting weird on 5Ghz (if you tap a link that uses a weird shorten it'll never load but on my other router it loads fine) things like telegram shooting notifications twice (only happens with the XR1000, never had this issue on my other routers) it feels like theirs a huge delay or something with the XR1000 

(I know you guys made your own router and thats why I wanted to buy it because you guys where always helpful to me when I bought the XR1,000 and I know most of the netgear products I have ever owned where always bad, anytime I get a nighthalk i'm always fighting with it to get it to obtain a ip, yet my edge router X or asus routers no issues other then can't handle my household)

(I did get the tracking and yes that was me, Thanks for the speedy tracking on it!)

• Administrators

To be totally transparent:

1. Disconnects and trouble accessing the interface is something some people are experiencing - not everyone but we think we know why the disconnects are happening and we've reduced the issues accessing the interface, I'm confident they'll both be resolved. 
  2. Not seen that issue at all