XR1000 - Call of Duty Dual PC setup

2 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@DimeRider27I mean if that's the case then you can only blame activision for there crappy authentication system which doesn't really prevent cheaters to begin with...

Lmao- so true. But I’ve seen posts indicating people switch routers and the issue goes away. I’ll see if I can dig those up.

3 minutes ago, DimeRider27 said:

Lmao- so true. But I’ve seen posts indicating people switch routers and the issue goes away. I’ll see if I can dig those up.

7 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@DimeRider27I mean if that's the case then you can only blame activision for there crappy authentication system which doesn't really prevent cheaters to begin with...

I think I had the ports right but maybe I didn’t.

@DimeRider27I think I know what your talking about and yes some routers have some communication issues though it not necessarily the routers but a client issue related to drivers which need to be updated on their end. I don't fully understand that too much but it a thing...

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Looks like from the main comment on that thread, if you remove all but the last port forwarding rule you have, it may help

Would that 3478 port forward tcp or udp?

I realize I have it as udp currently but want to make sure.

6 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@DimeRider27Seems to be a PC specific issue as your not the only user as shown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fU6yfxWHDg and the only alternative seems to be using a VPN so let us know if what you tried worked.

My son tried logging in around 9pm or so est and my pc was on and it took him like 20-30 minutes but was finally able to get online. To me, that seems more like a network issue, otherwise it would only be my pc having an issue. Otherwise, ill just keep trying and or use a vpn. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, DimeRider27 said:

My son tried logging in around 9pm or so est and my pc was on and it took him like 20-30 minutes but was finally able to get online. To me, that seems more like a network issue, otherwise it would only be my pc having an issue. Otherwise, ill just keep trying and or use a vpn. 

If it was a true network issue, you could try for 20 minutes or 20 hours and the result would be the same, unless that issue/conflict is resolved it wouldn't allow you in, unless perhaps it's not triggering a port opening but you have a port forward so wouldn't be that - did you do just that port rule we mentioned?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it was a true network issue, you could try for 20 minutes or 20 hours and the result would be the same, unless that issue/conflict is resolved it wouldn't allow you in, unless perhaps it's not triggering a port opening but you have a port forward so wouldn't be that - did you do just that port rule we mentioned?

I mean I dont disagree, but we have no clue what traffic is flowing through activision at certain times in the process. I guess if there is a brief instant where the traffic allows one of us through then yes still in theory it could be a network issue. 

I did try just the one port forward but still not letting me in today. I tried just 3478 on UDP and that still didnt work. 

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As a test could you make a guest wifi network and have the device connected to that instead of the normal wifi and then see if it works please?

This seemed to work. We only tested once, but let us both in no problem. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, DimeRider27 said:

This seemed to work. We only tested once, but let us both in no problem. 

Okay could you test it a few more times and see if it works consistently over the weekend?

On 9/20/2024 at 10:21 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay could you test it a few more times and see if it works consistently over the weekend?

We tested a bit more over the weekend. If my son logged in first, I struggled to get in, using the vpn allowed me in. But again, we dont want to do that. I had him log out and I logged in and then he logged in without issue. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DimeRider27 said:

We tested a bit more over the weekend. If my son logged in first, I struggled to get in, using the vpn allowed me in. But again, we dont want to do that. I had him log out and I logged in and then he logged in without issue. 

When doing the VPN method, are you only applying it to yourself or both of you?

only to myself. I have not set up vpn on the xr1000. I was more after the hybrid functionality there but when I got everything hooked up a couple years back I found this wasnt an option yet on the xr1000. I still dont think it is but maybe....

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It may sound counter intuitive but could you disable UPnP and port forwarding, also no DMZ please then see if it works please

UPnP has been off the entire time.
image.thumb.png.7851c4dd3748c27cd17fc86b7b426010.png

As well as DMZ. 
image.thumb.png.2d93f447d86dbc5da9085febfa58dcd3.png

• Administrators

Please try in this order, testing after each change:

1. Disable SIP ALG on the WAN page
  2. Disable port scan and dos protection on the WAN page
  3. Disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu 

On 9/23/2024 at 1:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Please try in this order, testing after each change:

1. Disable SIP ALG on the WAN page
  2. Disable port scan and dos protection on the WAN page
  3. Disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu 

Couldnt get in just now, disabled SIP ALG on WAN page and was able to log in. However, this looked like it rebooted the routers settings so not sure if this was a fluke due to the settings being refreshed. Ill have to wait for another test scenario

On 9/28/2024 at 2:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay no worries, do keep us updated!

Same issue with SIP ALG disabled. After 20 attempts he was able to get in, but I didnt get a chance to try another setting change yet. 

• 2 weeks later...