XR1000 - Call of Duty Dual PC setup

56 minutes ago, DimeRider27 said:

Ok, update: 

His PC was connecting to the access point, however, I have not had a chance to actually test since blocking it on the access point. I'll update once he wakes up and gets online.

With his machine only accessing the router and not connected to the access point; I tried logging in with his machine still forwarding to 3075 and that was not working. I removed the 3075 port forwarding and logged in. I dont know if it was a fluke, I'd like to test further before confirming this fixes the issue

@DimeRider27

• I am pretty sure EAX12 is an extender only so it does not have AP mode so it conflicting with your AP.
  • You need to set them both to entender mode and in what way do they drop devices? You need to look at the manual if your not able to connect to it when it's on extender mode as it should work. 
  • If there's a setting like STP- Spanning Tree Protocol enable it as there can be a loop and that's what causes the network to drop when connected using another extender. As the XR1000 doesn't have that by default.

15 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@DimeRider27

• I am pretty sure EAX12 is an extender only so it does not have AP mode so it conflicting with your AP.
  • You need to set them both to entender mode and in what way do they drop devices? You need to look at the manual if your not able to connect to it when it's on extender mode as it should work. 
  • If there's a setting like STP- Spanning Tree Protocol enable it as there can be a loop and that's what causes the network to drop when connected using another extender. As the XR1000 doesn't have that by default.

The eax12 can be set up as an access point during setup, there is no switch on the side. 

Both extenders are hard wired to a 1g switch. Which I think was causing the dropping issue when I set them up.

I didn’t see anything related to STP in the settings, as the extenders settings pages are VERY minimal.

22 hours ago, DimeRider27 said:

The eax12 can be set up as an access point during setup, there is no switch on the side. 

Both extenders are hard wired to a 1g switch. Which I think was causing the dropping issue when I set them up.

I didn’t see anything related to STP in the settings, as the extenders settings pages are VERY minimal.

The issue persists. Both extenders are now blocking his ip thus forcing his pc to use the xr1000 as its source for wifi. 

I am still receiving the "waiting for network" which then times out and kicks me out. 

Hi!

If you want to use it in AP mode, you have to connect it via Ethernet, if you want to use it in extender/repeater mode everything goes through wifi.

It is normal that a device cannot connect at the same time to 2 APs connected to the same local network ... conflict!

9 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Hi!

If you want to use it in AP mode, you have to connect it via Ethernet, if you want to use it in extender/repeater mode everything goes through wifi.

It is normal that a device cannot connect at the same time to 2 APs connected to the same local network ... conflict!

Hi Fuzy, 

The 2 access points are connected via ethernet and are both set to be access points.

Please review the full thread. thanks.

1 minute ago, Fuzy said:

Ok!

I think I know where the problem is but if you don't want my help no problem!

I'd love your help, but wanted to call out that we have already gone through numerous steps and outlined that the extenders were hard wired as access points. 

I think the problem is that you put them in AP mode and not in repeater mode and the fact that the different networks overlap "too close" your device keeps access to the main one. Without disconnecting it manually, it will not automatically switch to the closest signal/AP.

It's not like a smart mesh network the way you set it up.

I don't know the size of your house, but you have to live in a castle to set up a wifi network with multiple APs!

Hope this helps!

1 minute ago, Fuzy said:

I think the problem is that you put them in AP mode and not in repeater mode and the fact that the different networks overlap "too close" your device keeps access to the main one. Without disconnecting it manually, it will not automatically switch to the closest signal/AP.

It's not like a smart mesh network the way you set it up.

I don't know the size of your house, but you have to live in a castle to set up a wifi network with multiple APs!

Hope this helps!

The house is about 3500sqft and one of the A/P's is in the basement to provide wifi to the nest smoke alarms we have down there. The other A/P is roughly 50 ft from the main router and only has 5ghz enabled. 

So even though I have the static ip set on both pc's and more importantly on the wifi connected pc, and blocked the wifi connected pc from the A/P's within their own individual setting it is still pulling the signal? 

Couldnt I just forget the current network from the wifi pc, reboot and reconnect, would ensure it is pulling the xr1000 and not the A/P's?

If you want to keep this configuration, the easiest way is to create different SSIDs (Cave AP, Floor AP, etc.)

This will allow you to have better speeds depending on the location of your devices connected to the nearest AP!

---PS: Use different 2.4 and 5 GHz channels between the different APs---

• Administrators

Are you both running CoD using the same client e.g. Battle.net or one with gamepass for example? You said you were connected via ethernet, if you also connect via WiFi does the issue persist?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you both running CoD using the same client e.g. Battle.net or one with gamepass for example? You said you were connected via ethernet, if you also connect via WiFi does the issue persist?

We are both on battle.net. I do not even have the wifi drivers installed for my machine :) so I have not tried that approach. 

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Would you be able to install them to try? I'm sure this isn't the case but I have to check, are you both using the same battle.net login?

I dont have time at the moment and would prefer to not, but I can. 

No, we each have our own battle.net accounts. Looking at reddit, this is a HUGE problem with some routers. Some people have no issues, some (like me) cannot seem to get it resolved. 

This is just one thread I found: 

@DimeRider27Ya your going to need to try but investigating I see some users say VPN might help but it seems like it a security thing by activision were it does a verification on the network and that might be causing it to essentially give a network error on the game as it validating accounts. It really doesn't make sense but that's what I would assume.

2 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@DimeRider27Ya your going to need to try but investigating I see some users say VPN might help but it seems like it a security thing by activision were it does a verification on the network and that might be causing it to essentially give a network error on the game as it validating accounts. It really doesn't make sense but that's what I would assume.

VPN works like a charm, but not really ideal ya know. Haha