XR1000 - Call of Duty Dual PC setup

Trying to figure out what the actual issue is here as I am not sure. 

I have two PC's in the house, one for me and one for my son. I am hard wired to the router, he runs wirelessly on the 5ghz network. If he signs onto call of duty prior to me signing in, I cannot get in. I get the "waiting for network" error and it eventually times out disconnecting me. I have the ports forwarded on my device but not his. See screenshot, dont mind the service name I had tried pointed one of the udp ports to his ip address to test. UPNP has been tested on and off and currently is off. 

What am I missing? This is getting old. 
image.png.18a04741311653f8c1e28bb8834b4c3e.png

• Administrators

Remove the port forwarding rules then and DMZ if you've done it. What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the XR? E.g. XR in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Remove the port forwarding rules then and DMZ if you've done it. What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the XR? E.g. XR in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

I’ve never set up DMZ, so not really sure how to go about that. I’ve seen the option but never played around with it. I’m not home at the moment but pretty sure it’s a Motorola mg8400 or 8600, I know it’s a 1gb docsis3.1. 

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Set the port forward 3074 for you and then 3075 for the other device and see if that resolves it. Are both devices added to the Geo-Filter?

9 minutes ago, DimeRider27 said:

I’ll give that a try. No we rarely use the geo filter.

Assuming the UDP setting was what we wanted to set. No such luck.

21 minutes ago, DimeRider27 said:

Here are the two screenshots of what it is doing while "attempting" to connect. I went into the logs and unchecked all of the options except port forwarding and nothing appears in the log.

Disconnected.PNG

waiting for networking.PNG

Log1.PNG

Waited about 15 minutes to see if anything generated in the log and found this. 

log2.PNG

• Administrators

There is a bit of weirdness in the logs but nothing directly connected to the issue, what firmware version are you on? If you haven't done a factory reset for awhile I think this may be a good time to do so.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is a bit of weirdness in the logs but nothing directly connected to the issue, what firmware version are you on? If you haven't done a factory reset for awhile I think this may be a good time to do so.

I am on version 1.0.0.74_1.0.63.

I refuse to go through the entire process of doing a factory reset. Ill throw this thing in a river of lava while dragging my ass across a bed or razors before doing that again. The last time we had chatted about doing firmware upgrades and factory resets, we determined the config file upload is absolutely useless. Meaning I had to completely redo all of my settings manually. Which is time consuming and things are often missed. 

• Administrators

Note taken - really hates factory resets! Are there any settings on the router that you've made specifically for either device? Did you have the issue before making the port forwarding rules for example?

@DimeRider27

1. Make sure your Only Port Forwarding One Device you cannot do more than one as there's no purpose and it typically causes conflicts on the network. 
  2. Disable UPNP when Port Forwarding 
  3. Set a Static IP on your PC 
  4. Reserve the IP on XR1000

3 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@DimeRider27

1. Make sure your Only Port Forwarding One Device you cannot do more than one as there's no purpose and it typically causes conflicts on the network. 
  2. Disable UPNP when Port Forwarding 
  3. Set a Static IP on your PC 
  4. Reserve the IP on XR1000

All have been done and mentioned in previous posts aside from trying to send my sons pc to 3075 and mine to 3074. 

• Administrators

This definitely seems like a NAT/Port issue. Are there any settings on the router that you've made specifically for either device? When did the issue first occur?

Remove all the port forwarding rules, keep UPnP enabled, reserve IPs for both devices on the interface as above. Reboot the router, wait 4 minutes then try please. Are both devices connected directly to the router, either via ethernet or WiFi or are they going through a switch, extender etc?

7 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@DimeRider27

1. Did you try DMZ?
  2. Is your setup MB8600>XR1000?

1. I have not tried DMZ, I wasnt sure where to even start with setting this up.
2. Yes, that is my setup, there is a switch that is fed, as well as 2 network extenders set up as access points and not extenders. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This definitely seems like a NAT/Port issue. Are there any settings on the router that you've made specifically for either device? When did the issue first occur?

Remove all the port forwarding rules, keep UPnP enabled, reserve IPs for both devices on the interface as above. Reboot the router, wait 4 minutes then try please. Are both devices connected directly to the router, either via ethernet or WiFi or are they going through a switch, extender etc?

I dont think there is anything specific that was changed. It's always been an issue for one of us since he got a pc. So maybe a year, year and a half ago?

I have tried using uPnP and we encountered the same issue, a post I saw on reddit for the same issue suggested they fixed their issue by port forwarding one of the pc's which is what I did. 

One thing I have not checked is to see if perhaps his device is running through the extender first before going through the router. I'm going to try that today and if it is, I'll block his MAC address on the extender side and let you know how that goes.