NEW R3 FIRMWARE - 4.0.236

• Administrators
9 hours ago, basim said:

Dont have a pc 

I only use the app

Have you added any servers to your allow list?

9 hours ago, Stanlee said:

Steady ping stats showing ‘recognised as apex legends’ but I'm on Warzone 

Thanks I will pass that on!

Hi Fraser,

I have a few problems with the new version
xdefiant geo filter is also lost and my test results in wavebufferbloat are bad
Normally my connection speed is download 100 upload 20
I am using the modem in dhcp mode and I also defined dmz on the isp modem.what could be causing the problem

thank you

image.thumb.png.6bfe1164e14d2e61871ddffb96c56813.png

image.thumb.png.91812d046de1b85cf701e289101b0752.png

image.thumb.png.36b68d6c597e7b3ea815caba95098d87.png

• Administrators
5 hours ago, frontline1967 said:

Hi Fraser,

I have a few problems with the new version
xdefiant geo filter is also lost and my test results in wavebufferbloat are bad
Normally my connection speed is download 100 upload 20
I am using the modem in dhcp mode and I also defined dmz on the isp modem.what could be causing the problem

thank you

Ping Optimizer will have set your speeds lower to eliminate congestion, it also says it's lowered your ping there so it depends which results you want to believe. If you want to go off the waveform test then in Ping Optimizer > Advanced you can adjust Congestion Control which is how you'll change the result, you'll just need to experiment with the percentages to find what works best for you.

thanks for the feedback

In fact, my settings in ping optimizer are as follows with these settings, I probably got good results in wavebufferbloat for about 2 days as follows

I didn't change any settings but the results started to be bad

download 7.45 mb upload jitter high when I set download and upload values to 70 percent with congestion control

there is only one computer connected to the router

image.png.f6a2ac74590e7f8e74bd4802c0d3dd34.png

image.thumb.png.57ae5b6d9bb202074e995826dd0f17ad.png

image.thumb.png.df952578f32c9de53ee8e7b5c96fbb0e.png

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, frontline1967 said:

I do always on, but my download speed remains far below 70 percent.

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode. Are ALL devices connected to the R3?

I don't know whether this device performs better as DHCP or by defining VLANs. 

The modem provided by the ISP is TPLINK AX1800

My modem settings are as follows;
I revised the ip address 192.168.1.100 on the ISP modem to the router
I have enabled ISP modem dmz to this ip address.
There is no device connected to the ISP modem and likewise there is no device connected to the router.

now with the v4.0.236 version, the result is the same after removing the ISP modem and setting vlan 35 ISP modem's mac address and mtu 1492 value to R3

• Administrators

The DMZ way is probably the best, could you check the CPU usage currently on the router, is it high? If you disable SmartBOOST then re-enable it does it get better?

Thanks for your support, let me share this as additional information, if I disable the speedtest bypass and leave the download and upload at 70 percent by turning on congestion control, the values are correct in the speed test ookla. 

there may be a problem with SmartBOOST definitions for wawe bufferbloat

• Administrators
7 hours ago, frontline1967 said:

Thanks for your support, let me share this as additional information, if I disable the speedtest bypass and leave the download and upload at 70 percent by turning on congestion control, the values are correct in the speed test ookla. 

there may be a problem with SmartBOOST definitions for wawe bufferbloat

If I've understood you correctly that is how it works, speed test bypass, bypasses your CC settings to show you your full speeds

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, frontline1967 said:

speed test on https://www.speedtest.net/ with congestion control on shows correct values, while the speed test on https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat shows incorrect values

You'll need to clarify this for me:

Ookla - Bypass Enabled - Percentages lowered = Full Speed or Percentage speed?
Ookla - Bypass Disabled - Percentages lowered = Full Speed or Percentage speed?
Waveform - Bypass Enabled - Percentages lowered = Full Speed or Percentage speed?
Waveform - Bypass Disabled - Percentages lowered = Full Speed or Percentage speed?

Ookla - Bypass Disabled - Congestion on - Percentages lowered to 70 = Result download 70 megabits upload 14 megabits , low and stable download and upload latency during testing
with the same settings
Waveform - Bypass Disabled - Congestion on - Percentages lowered 70 = Result download 7-10 megabits upload 10 megabits and jitter seems to be quite high

Ookla - Bypass disable enable doesn't matter - Congestion auto = Download and upload reach top speeds, but download and upload latency are high during the test

Waveform - Bypass disable enable doesn't matter - Congestion auto = download definitely does not give proper results, upload gives normal value but jitter and ping values are very high for both ( sometimes stays in warming up warning during download and upload tests and fails to complete the tests )

I know it's a bit confusing, but I couldn't get the results I wanted with the xr500 either, I don't know what the first software version was when I bought this device, the results were good, but after a while the values were distorted again, when I first switched to version 4.0.219, it was smooth, it was broken, it doesn't get better :)

I share the results of my last test, the values of the waveform are absolutely wrong because I should not be able to play online games with these values :) I live in turkey, I can connect to European servers with 40 ms.

image.thumb.png.65a326d70f1bcecff41d662f1b619a8e.png

image.thumb.png.816a8f8f137360e0443cf2405e04fd84.png

image.png.45c5d500f11d3eaf79be80292e3be62c.png

15 hours ago, frontline1967 said:

Ookla - Bypass Disabled - Congestion on - Percentages lowered to 70 = Result download 70 megabits upload 14 megabits , low and stable download and upload latency during testing
with the same settings
Waveform - Bypass Disabled - Congestion on - Percentages lowered 70 = Result download 7-10 megabits upload 10 megabits and jitter seems to be quite high

Ookla - Bypass disable enable doesn't matter - Congestion auto = Download and upload reach top speeds, but download and upload latency are high during the test

Waveform - Bypass disable enable doesn't matter - Congestion auto = download definitely does not give proper results, upload gives normal value but jitter and ping values are very high for both ( sometimes stays in warming up warning during download and upload tests and fails to complete the tests )

I know it's a bit confusing, but I couldn't get the results I wanted with the xr500 either, I don't know what the first software version was when I bought this device, the results were good, but after a while the values were distorted again, when I first switched to version 4.0.219, it was smooth, it was broken, it doesn't get better :)

I share the results of my last test, the values of the waveform are absolutely wrong because I should not be able to play online games with these values :) I live in turkey, I can connect to European servers with 40 ms.

image.thumb.png.65a326d70f1bcecff41d662f1b619a8e.png

image.thumb.png.816a8f8f137360e0443cf2405e04fd84.png

image.png.45c5d500f11d3eaf79be80292e3be62c.png

same thing happening to me within this FW speeds drops to like 10mbs or 50mbs weird behaviour going on for sure 

• Administrators
23 hours ago, frontline1967 said:

with the same settings

1. That's good, as expected.
  2. I wasn't able to reproduce this but waveform did show me at almost 3000Mbps so not sure if the test is a bit off at the moment but was able to get A+ with 70/70 on and with it set to Auto instead I got an A so it's definitely making a difference. 
  3. Makes sense if priorities weren't triggered on SmartBOOST
  4. Same as 3

The slowdown in speed we are looking into but in terms of eliminating bufferbloat you should be able to eliminate it as much as possible by fine tuning the percentages some more - start at 95% each, do a test, go down by 10%, test, repeat this until you get to the best values then try 5% either side of that value and make sure it's all done with Always selected. You can definitely game with those speeds, gaming uses barely 1 Mbps. 

Guys from the Netdum team, I think this 236 Firmware has finished its career and that another one should be released. It worked great for 15 days and then the problems started. First, the speeds began to drop, slow loading of web pages, lagging of the router, weaker reactions to online games. R3 had to be rebooted when its speeds dropped because that was the only way to get everything back to normal. Now the router no longer recognizes Activities in smartboost, only devices. I believe there is also a misunderstanding of the protocol with the software itself. I think this is clear when the activities are no longer recognized.R3's brain is dying. 💥 R3 started to go crazy again! it needs a new firmware update so that everything works normally again in 15-20 days.

14 minutes ago, Zli said:

Guys from the Netdum team, I think this 236 Firmware has finished its career and that another one should be released. It worked great for 15 days and then the problems started. First, the speeds began to drop, slow loading of web pages, lagging of the router, weaker reactions to online games. R3 had to be rebooted when its speeds dropped because that was the only way to get everything back to normal. Now the router no longer recognizes Activities in smartboost, only devices. I believe there is also a misunderstanding of the protocol with the software itself. I think this is clear when the activities are no longer recognized.R3's brain is dying. 💥 R3 started to go crazy again! it needs a new firmware update so that everything works normally again in 15-20 days.

I have it this issue from version 219 until now and nothing has changed, and I've been talking about it almost for 2 months now 

There is something wrong with the 'Always On' setting under Congestion Control. I just tried it 2 days back and yesterday the router had an extreme slowdown and my ping jumped to 200ms when it's supposed to be 95+ ms. I know this because I'm using HVPN and it's always worked flawlessly with 'Auto' under congestion control. 

The router goes into a very haggard and slow mode once this happens. When accessing the router UI, it doesn't load it properly and takes forever until a reboot is done. I'm just going to stick to auto for congestion control for the moment till this is fixed. I've had zero issues and up to a week uptime when congestion control was set to auto. 

Might want to look into the always on setting and clearly it's making the router shit it's pants. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

There is something wrong with the 'Always On' setting under Congestion Control. I just tried it 2 days back and yesterday the router had an extreme slowdown and my ping jumped to 200ms when it's supposed to be 95+ ms. I know this because I'm using HVPN and it's always worked flawlessly with 'Auto' under congestion control. 

The router goes into a very haggard and slow mode once this happens. When accessing the router UI, it doesn't load it properly and takes forever until a reboot is done. I'm just going to stick to auto for congestion control for the moment till this is fixed. I've had zero issues and up to a week uptime when congestion control was set to auto. 

Might want to look into the always on setting and clearly it's making the router shit it's pants. 

I suspect that is more of an issue with HVPN and other features working optimally together which is something we're looking into currently - if you disable HVPN I think it would behave as normal

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I suspect that is more of an issue with HVPN and other features working optimally together which is something we're looking into currently - if you disable HVPN I think it would behave as normal

I've been using HVPN with auto for congestion control since 236 came out and had no issues. Switching to always on made experience sudden ping increase after which access to router is slow and requires a reboot. 

Also, with always on, bufferbloat tests takes long to initialize and sometimes just stops just before upload tests start. Changing it back to auto makes everything work properly. 

I'll keep monitoring but there is something wrong with the always on setting to me that makes the router go into this super slow and laggy mode. I just gamed 3 hours with auto and HVPN and I didn't experience any issues.