Polygon mode not working for xdefiant

Hi, wondering if you can help or advise please.

With ping assist set to zero, I wanted to find games only in the radius I set however,  it will not find a game or connect to server. It is only when you put ping assist on that it will connect - but to servers outside the radius which I don't want.

R2.3.3.280

Xbox XS

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the area you're covering? Do you know there are definitely servers in that location?

Quite a large area - from Italy to Turkey and North up to Sweden and East of that. Yes absolutely there are servers there according to Mark Rubin, this was on his twitter post:

image.png.c8d1eaa3762076a7d35653a83e622b68.png

Works fine buddy I've tested it I wouldn't follow some vague map just use the geofilter and figure it out like that...

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, oRaGaMi said:

U didn't by chance break geo filtering for rainbow six siege by messing eith xdefiant testing? @Netduma Fraser

No I don't think that would have affected it, what is the issue exactly?

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No I don't think that would have affected it, what is the issue exactly?

I was filtering fine before today, now it's forcing me to connect to the nearest server disregarding my geo filter settings. I even factory reset the xr500 to see if it was a bug or something. It didn't fix it. Also the ping heat map for R6S is outdated, the servers are red with no reply,  but on geo filter they are clearly there and I was playing on them.

For example Texas isn't pinging a reply, but that's where it's forcing me to play.

I wad able to force west coast or east coast before today.

Platform xbox series

I might try a non UI hard back button reset next

@Netduma Fraser No matter what I do it's connecting me to Texas data center, I click start in r6s and see what data center I am connected to) that's how I check if it's geo filtering properly, as r6s isn't the same as other games.

Previously b4 today I could choose what ever data center I wanted to play on by geo filtering properly, the locations were sometimes shown in Europe for login and voice chat servers and I'd just make another polygon around that area for login and voice to work.

Today no matter where I set geo filter it's forcing me to try and connect to texas now, it's shown as being blocked by router and errors when it attempts to connect.

I really would appreciate it if you could look into this for me and I'd really love for the r6s heat map and geo filter servers to be updated.

Edit:: after 2 full factory resets 1 from ui and 1 from rear pin on router, it's still not working, something had changed either on netdumas end or ubisoft since yesterday.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it doesn't work for you, it's not as simple as CoD to filter, seems they're using proxies/relays so may take longer to get working on our end.

It definitely doesn't work even with the basic geo filter with PA set to zero. Once you add a PA value the game connects to the servers but outside the radius. 

@Cajun72Actually I take back what I said it seems like you can't change regions so your basically stuck on region locks which of course means if your on an area that has zero players or low amount of players the servers would be in short dead. I believe this will be fixed but the only alternative at the moment would be using a vpn to change regions. There have been users in other regions complaining about that as asia servers are dead at the moment.

• Administrators

I'll get the team to re-test Siege just in case something weird did happen there. xdefiant may require dev input if we can't get it working normally so might not be a quick thing unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'll get the team to re-test Siege just in case something weird did happen there. xdefiant may require dev input if we can't get it working normally so might not be a quick thing unfortunately.

I'm seeing reports of other players stuck in Texas server region through no fault of their own. Clearly ubisofts got some issues atm.

But r6s heat map and server locations do need a refresh. Plz make it happen, captain