Wi-Fi Speed is Slow but Ethernet is Good.

My Wi-Fi speed was fine when I first got my r3 but it suddenly went from 700 to max 150. The upload speed on wifi is great but only the download speed is slow. (ethernet speed is GOOD).

I tried to turn off qos, turn off ipv6, switched antennas around, tested different 5ghz width but nothing seems to be working. I am on the latest early access build (4.0.179) 

Is there any way for a tech support member to get access to my router or tell me what to do? Thank you for your help. I attached screenshots of my ethernet speeds on pc and Wi-Fi speeds on my iPhone.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 172029.png

Screenshot 2024-05-04 005020.png

IMG_0226.png

IMG_0228.png

IMG_0229.png

The exact problem is this: I also experience internet speed problems when I make a wired connection. When I reset the modem, the wired speed connection improved, but the wifi is really bad. It seems that the new software was released too early and the necessary tests were not carried out. Very bad.

• Administrators

I know you've tried some of these already:

• Split the bands, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

Firmware hasn't been released yet and may have bugs, hence why it's in Early Access

On 5/4/2024 at 6:02 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I know you've tried some of these already:

• Split the bands, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

Firmware hasn't been released yet and may have bugs, hence why it's in Early Access

Can I have latest early access firmware too? 

@Netduma FraserIs it possible to send me a new wireless card? I can try to repair it. I suspect the problem is with the 5ghz band because when I split them, the 2.4ghz band is faster than the 5ghz in a speed test. Please send me a new wireless chip if available. 

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, nerd123 said:

@Netduma FraserIs it possible to send me a new wireless card? I can try to repair it. I suspect the problem is with the 5ghz band because when I split them, the 2.4ghz band is faster than the 5ghz in a speed test. Please send me a new wireless chip if available. 

No that wouldn't be possible, it's not a card it's a CPU chip with integrated WiFi soldered to the board. It would also void your warranty.

It won't be a hardware issue, it'll be something we can further improve through firmware but also 5GHz has poor penetration so the further away from the router you are the less speed you'll get.

@Netduma FraserSo when can you push an update to fix this? this should be a basic function of any router, let alone a $200 one. If you are able to push an update then email me or message me on the forum so I can apply it. Thanks.

• Administrators

I can't give ETAs for any specific feature/fix as it's always subject to change. New firmware will be posted in Early Access when ready so keep an eye on that part of the forum.