Can't port forward Xbox on wired connection

I have recently changed my Xbox Series X from wireless to wired.  I had an assigned IP for the wireless connection, this has been deleted and now have an assigned IP for the wired connection.

Have removed old one from DMZ, added new connection.  When I try to add any of the ports, I now just get "unknown error".

UPNP disabled on both R3 and my Hyperoptic Nokia router, have reset both fully, tried power cycling Xbox, still getting the same issue.  Hve tried with Xbox on and off.

30 minutes ago, wmartin89 said:

I have recently changed my Xbox Series X from wireless to wired.  I had an assigned IP for the wireless connection, this has been deleted and now have an assigned IP for the wired connection.

Have removed old one from DMZ, added new connection.  When I try to add any of the ports, I now just get "unknown error".

UPNP disabled on both R3 and my Hyperoptic Nokia router, have reset both fully, tried power cycling Xbox, still getting the same issue.  Hve tried with Xbox on and off.

Deleted the old wireless one completely from the router, deleted wired DMZ, could add the ports, done so:

NAT Type Unavailable, can't find Teredo IP.

Readded to DMZ, still the same issue with NAT Type Unavailable on my Xbox.

All IP details etc match, all port forwarding options showing as inactive despite Xbox port showing as automatically using 3074.

• Administrators

You do not need to add the ports, with it in the DMZ you will have an open NAT. Likely because you've added both you're getting a conflict. Just use one or the other and then reboot

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You do not need to add the ports, with it in the DMZ you will have an open NAT. Likely because you've added both you're getting a conflict. Just use one or the other and then reboot

Hi Fraser,

I actually tried that before doing all the ports, I've just this moment fixed it by removing everything, including static IP, turning UPNP back on and it immediately went back onto Open NAT.

Hopefully it stays that way!

if the moderate NAT pops up again on the Xbox Series X for you, first make sure you have all the proper ports forwarded for the Xbox on the R3. Then reset the alternate MAC address on the Xbox and it will make you reboot it. Then power cycle the R3 and unplug the Xbox for 30 secs. Turn the Xbox back on and you should have an open NAT.

I factory reset the R3 the other night after I upgraded the firmware. Was showing moderate NAT on the Xbox for me after the factory reset on the R3. I did exactly what I said above after I re-added all the ports into port forwarding. I also turned UpNp off. Have open NAT now once again. You don't need to put the Xbox into DMZ. I never have with any DumaOS router.

10 hours ago, Alias 1aB said:

if the moderate NAT pops up again on the Xbox Series X for you, first make sure you have all the proper ports forwarded for the Xbox on the R3. Then reset the alternate MAC address on the Xbox and it will make you reboot it. Then power cycle the R3 and unplug the Xbox for 30 secs. Turn the Xbox back on and you should have an open NAT.

I factory reset the R3 the other night after I upgraded the firmware. Was showing moderate NAT on the Xbox for me after the factory reset on the R3. I did exactly what I said above after I re-added all the ports into port forwarding. I also turned UpNp off. Have open NAT now once again. You don't need to put the Xbox into DMZ. I never have with any DumaOS router.

I started getting NAT Type: Unavailable with my method above, tried what you said and still getting unavailable.

This is based on ports:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

When testing NAT type, I get that it can’t assign a Teredo IP.

One solution I get is “make sure UDP port 3544” isn’t blocked on your router, which as above, has been forwarded.

Honestly, why is networking so complicated when using wired when it was working fine via WiFi?!

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you not get open with just setting it to use the DMZ at all?

Have tried just DMZ, just Port Forward all the above ports, both at the same time, UPNP On by itself on the R3 and disabled on my Hyperoptic Nokia router.

Port Forwarding worked when it was on WiFi, the NAT Unavailable has only been happening since I went wired for a quicker connection.

Hi !

What port does your Xbox use for NAT? 3074... Make sure that no alternative port has been manually set in your xbox's network settings. Sometimes this port is reserved upstream on another device. Are all your peripherals behind the R3? Otherwise, restart your ISP router, to be sure that the port is not blocked there...

4 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Hi !

What port does your Xbox use for NAT? 3074... Make sure that no alternative port has been manually set in your xbox's network settings. Sometimes this port is reserved upstream on another device. Are all your peripherals behind the R3? Otherwise, restart your ISP router, to be sure that the port is not blocked there...

Seems to be 3074 in 99% of cases.  I separated the 3074 port forward into TCP and UDP standalone rather than both being ticked for the same one, seems to be Open for now though MW3 showing as Moderate in game stats.

Although I did notice that it goes between showing 3074 UDP active and inactive while I’m on Xbox, I’m not overly clued up on networking to know if it should be doing this because it’s back and forward or if it should be constantly active.

1 minute ago, wmartin89 said:

Seems to be 3074 in 99% of cases.  I separated the 3074 port forward into TCP and UDP standalone rather than both being ticked for the same one, seems to be Open for now though MW3 showing as Moderate in game stats.

Although I did notice that it goes between showing 3074 UDP active and inactive while I’m on Xbox, I’m not overly clued up on networking to know if it should be doing this because it’s back and forward or if it should be constantly active.

The UDP protocol is used for online gaming because it is faster. So we're good. This is just a false positive, don't worry, it won't change your online experience.

The moderate NAT on the games is due to the restriction of the Geo-filter that you have set up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Datagram_Protocol

i dont think Geo-filter has anything to do with causing a moderate NAT. It has to be something between the internet gateway and the R3. I remember when I first got the R3, it showed I had a double NAT on the Xbox. I had to set the ip passthrough for the device ID of the R3 on my internet gateway like I had done with the R2 before. I would suggest you start from scratch by adding the R3 to your network like when you first got it and seeing what happens. Maybe factory reset the R3 while you are at it. Good Luck.