Specific Thunderstore Mods blocked?

This is a really weird issue that I've not entirely pinned down. 

For Lethal Company I've been using Thunderstore Mod Manager to install and handle my mods. 

After upgrading to the R3 I've noticed that the mod software has intermittent issues downloading mods, retrieving the full install list and sometimes doesn't connect at all. 

Weirdly, this only really happens with one computer, the other desktop runs fine. It akso only happens with Lethal Company, other games via the same mod manager connect find.

This had me thinking it was a computer issue rather than network however the second I switched my computer to a different network (tethered my phone) it worked fine. 

Even weirder, it then worked fine over ethernet again for a while before the issue cropped back up.  Seems it happens when an update for a mod is detected, the whole thing just hangs. Switched to tethered network, updated mod, reconnected over R3 ethernet and it worked again. 

Any firewall or network limitations via R3 are OOTB so I'm stumped. Attached are the IPs they say they use but I'm honestly a little stumped 

fa72de46a0f237255db005e2053b14e4.png

• Administrators

How does it work exactly, does the mod manager auto update the mods without you initiating the download? Disable Adblocker and check if that works. If not disable the protection options in troubleshooting and see if that works please.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How does it work exactly, does the mod manager auto update the mods without you initiating the download? Disable Adblocker and check if that works. If not disable the protection options in troubleshooting and see if that works please.

Ad blocker is disabled. 

It doesn't auto update but rather promot that X number of mods have an update. I'm not 100% certain it's the update causing the issue but it definitely only happens over the R3 network.

I'm not experienced with the protection options, could you elaborate? I'll review then tonight once I'm home

• Administrators

So in Settings > Troubleshooting > Advanced there is port scan and syn flood protection options - reason I say to disable them is they drop packets (for protection purposes) so it might be detecting it as something it needs to drop which may explain why it works sometimes but not all the time

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So in Settings > Troubleshooting > Advanced there is port scan and syn flood protection options - reason I say to disable them is they drop packets (for protection purposes) so it might be detecting it as something it needs to drop which may explain why it works sometimes but not all the time

Packet dropping would actually make sense as sometimes it would connect but have a fraction of the total available mods (400 or so compared to the 25,000 expected) so maybe some packets get b through before the protection kicks in. 

Will try it out and report back