Hybrid VPN

Hi, I expose my case my ISP misroutes the traffic and my latency is high in most games.

I bought the R3 to use the vpn but ohhh surprise it is not active.

I have to use the vpn on my pc but this makes me skip the R3 so there is no Geofilter, no Steady ping...etc

Everyday I check if the Hybrid VPN function is already on, but I am disappointed with the STAFF response, while the NordVPN subscription is still running and still playing with high ping.

image.thumb.png.eb9bccfa569c73463989912293bb9fd8.png

image.thumb.png.bbeb99f1deb09caf29436c54fc59be98.png

• Joalfeor changed the title to Hybrid VPN

Hello Fraser, I am in Colombia, where typically in most games the servers are located in the US. I can play on the East Coast with a minimum ping of 60 ms if the server is between Florida or Georgia. However, my ISP routes through Washington DC, increasing the ping to 90 ms. Using a VPN, I can reduce the ping, but I lose the features of the R3. I hope that the Hybrid VPN will soon be usable. Regarding the other functionalities of the R3, the router is performing very well, thank you for your response. Regards

you dont need vpn to do that you can use geo filter. Set home pin to where ever you want use geo fence to select the servers you want, Clear saved game data and profile for COD and restart the game. go to settings / account & network / network info - and it will show you in the US and by pass all the west coast none sense, its not as fast as finding a game like a vpn is but it works to vpn is enabled

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

you dont need vpn to do that you can use geo filter. Set home pin to where ever you want use geo fence to select the servers you want, Clear saved game data and profile for COD and restart the game. go to settings / account & network / network info - and it will show you in the US and by pass all the west coast none sense, its not as fast as finding a game like a vpn is but it works to vpn is enabled

I am skeptical.... how do you clear saved game and profile for COD?

It is necessary to use a VPN, because it is a long distance to the server and there will be a lot of congestion in your ISP that you are using. VPN and tunnel protocol are recommended. Feo-filter cannot help here.The geo-filter helps when you are surrounded by servers 800 km away. everything beyond that is a big problem.

Hello Fraser, is there any possibility to do a small update for the vpn while we wait for the new firmware?

1 hour ago, rvndo said:

I am skeptical.... how do you clear saved game and profile for COD?

google is your friend

https://support.activision.com/articles/clearing-cache-deleting-files

48 minutes ago, Zli said:

It is necessary to use a VPN, because it is a long distance to the server and there will be a lot of congestion in your ISP that you are using. VPN and tunnel protocol are recommended. Feo-filter cannot help here.The geo-filter helps when you are surrounded by servers 800 km away. everything beyond that is a big problem.

its not and you can search videos and threads i have posted about this but as i mentioned vpn will help you connect faster but its not needed if geo filter is set up correctly

I would like you to come from my location to play online games with and without VPN and then I would have something to talk about.I have a better game with a VPN with a protocol of 25 mbps download and 25 mbps upload. My ISP can't pass as crystal clear to the server as VPN. That's a fact whether you like it or not Geo Filter is nothing if all servers are 1000km+ away from you. Everything comes to the same in the end

Screenshot_20240416_234533_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_234608.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_235653.jpg

13 minutes ago, Zli said:

I would like you to come from my location to play online games with and without VPN and then I would have something to talk about.I have a better game with a VPN with a protocol of 25 mbps download and 25 mbps upload. My ISP can't pass as crystal clear to the server as VPN. That's a fact whether you like it or not Geo Filter is nothing if all servers are 1000km+ away from you. Everything comes to the same in the end

Screenshot_20240416_234533_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_234608.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_235653.jpg

Are you not readying what im typing? im not disagreeing with you im just saying you can use the geo filter as a work around to the the vpn gets enabled on the next update. And again i have threads and videos showing me in Cali connecting to Brazil, Australia, and a bunch of other places and forcing the connection the direction i want it to go and also manipulating sbmm and eomm and acting like im in those countries but connecting to a server in my back yard.

9 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Are you not readying what im typing? im not disagreeing with you im just saying you can use the geo filter as a work around to the the vpn gets enabled on the next update. And again i have threads and videos showing me in Cali connecting to Brazil, Australia, and a bunch of other places and forcing the connection the direction i want it to go and also manipulating sbmm and eomm and acting like im in those countries but connecting to a server in my back yard.

I would appreciate it if you could send me that video and your setup so I can see what it looks like.how to connect to the server in your back yard and be there somewhere, and how to manipulate sbmm,I don't understand?tnx

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zli said:

Hello Fraser, is there any possibility to do a small update for the vpn while we wait for the new firmware?

I can look into that but it's unlikely to be honest

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

No necesitas VPN para hacer eso, puedes usar el filtro geográfico. Configure el pin de inicio donde quiera que desee, use la valla geográfica para seleccionar los servidores que desee, borre los datos guardados del juego y el perfil de COD y reinicie el juego. vaya a configuración/cuenta y red/información de red - y le mostrará en los EE. UU. y pasará por toda la costa oeste. No tiene sentido, no es tan rápido como encontrar un juego como lo es una VPN, pero funciona si la VPN está habilitada.

Exactly what you wrote is what I least want; I don’t want to connect to the entire east coast of the USA, only to Florida and Georgia. The geofilter works as it only connects me to those servers, but the issue is with my ISP which routes the nodes first through Washington DC (Virginia), adding more latency. In summary, when I set the pin only for Florida, the geofilter shows me a ping of 60ms but COD shows 80ms.

With the VPN activated, I have managed to achieve a ping of 55ms, but when it's on, the game traffic isn't shown on the router and bypasses the traffic due to its functionality.

The same happens with CS 2 and DOTA 2. In my location, I have the best ISP since it uses FTTH. There are other providers, but they use HFC and ADSL which are less stable and have a lot of customer reuse. My ISP has good stability with the ping, but its routing is the issue, which is why the VPN solves my case. Here’s a table with ping.

image.thumb.png.ad4300c1d60c82e74d31b16ec7470842.png