R2 Stable somewhat

CES

So I been doing a lot of reading about the R3 & it seems I won’t be buying that router anytime soon or at all lol. I’m glad I have the R2 while not perfect it seems like a better performer than R3.

Now for the real reason I’m making this post is because I noticed Ad blocker seems cause some kind of connection interface while gaming. I pause it or turn it off before I game but firmware version .280 seems to be the best R2 firmware so far. I am a beta tester and after seeing all the issues on Dumos 4 my main concern or question would be why not perfect the existing firmware/platform ? Seems like more work to scrap the old firmware which clearly was a lot more functional but just needed a bit of TLC. In any instance, I have not noticed much issues with firmware .280 aside from ad blocker causing some kind of connection interference while game or when doing a buffer bloat test on waveform. Occasionally the router breaks functionally and requires a restart ever so often due to congestion control not working properly or ad blocker adding some kind of interference to the connection which adds more latency/ buffer bloat. I’ve somewhat fixed the issue by doing a traditional reset then test the connection on waveform with ad blocker disabled & ideally get A+ rating with 0-1ms on buffer. Now with ad blocker on it makes these results a bit crazy and seems that it would be the cause for breaking functionality of the router in the firmware version(280). 

Final question, why not open source the firmware if the devs are struggling? Also a bit of a complaint, it’s very annoying to not have an ETA on updates, especially since they used to come very frequently(hence another reason to open-source & allow people to modify or play with firmware). This was a bit of a long one, mostly just talking and share some info but the devs kinda are chilling a little to much and people are mad about it (referring to updates) at least from the POV of a outsider looking in.

I forgot to mention that, I have my congestion control sliders set to 15% on both up and down & usually play with the sliders at or around/ blew these % my speeds are 500mbps down 50 upload.

• Administrators

What game are you playing and on what platform? When you notice it have a look at what is being blocked, then you can add it to the whitelist. 

DumaOS 4 is much easier to develop on and is much more interconnected as well which is something DumaOS 3 can't do. We're not struggling, we're a software company so open sourcing the software that makes us money wouldn't help us in any way. Updates have never been on a schedule, we'll release them when we can/when they're ready.

On 3/21/2024 at 3:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What game are you playing and on what platform? When you notice it have a look at what is being blocked, then you can add it to the whitelist. 

DumaOS 4 is much easier to develop on and is much more interconnected as well which is something DumaOS 3 can't do. We're not struggling, we're a software company so open sourcing the software that makes us money wouldn't help us in any way. Updates have never been on a schedule, we'll release them when we can/when they're ready.

I think the issue with duma os 4 is assuming everyone needs qos. Make it easier for users to disable it in addition to making it more stable overall is key. No random disconnects

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

I think the issue with duma os 4 is assuming everyone needs qos. Make it easier for users to disable it in addition to making it more stable overall is key. No random disconnects

People can disable it from the settings pretty easily. We think we've fixed the issue now!

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

People can disable it from the settings pretty easily. We think we've fixed the issue now!

Are ppl still having the disconnects with the beta FW? On the R2?

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

Are ppl still having the disconnects with the beta FW? On the R2?

We haven't had many comments on the R2 beta for awhile - likely waiting for DumaOS 4

I’d much rather certain bugs get fixed to then to fully port over to os4… just my opinion though.