congestion control not work with waveform

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this is weird verizon came out gave me a new ont and router and we got my speeds right with there router I hook my r3 to do a speed test from Verizon and it fails to give me a upload all other speed test still show low upload its weird how just upload is being affected 

I get the router to get right speeds using Verizon speed test but only if I hook up the r3 to the verizon router if I do a Verizon speed with just  the r3 it gets stuck a 50 % than say test failed also if I have both routers hook up and do a speed test on fast.com my download is good but the upload only reaches 100 with out Verizon router I get 300 up sposed to be a gig I don't know if this makes any sense both routers speed is good only on Verizon speed test without the Verizon router test fails but only Verizon speed others work just really slow upload 

• Administrators

In theory you shouldn't need to use their router no, if you needed VLAN you wouldn't have internet without it. Even with QoS fully disabled does the upload not move at all? If you use the Verizon router MAC address and set DumaOS to use that instead does that work better when just using ONT and router?

The same thing has been happening to me with verizon for about 5 years I have gone through 15 routers they replaced the ont 5 times and the router 9, the best thing you can do is replug the ethernet in over and over again until it works. Seriously no joke plug your pc into the ont and I bet you will get the speeds you pay for but it will not go out of most routers.

I changed the mac address same thing verizon speed test fails at the upload download speeds r fine go to a different speed test upload went up on some low on other the ones on the router one went about 300 I don't know if this would make your internet feel faster but my phone runs better 

• Administrators

Interesting comments above, I mean there is no reason why the speed suddenly isn't there but yes do try the XR MAC if you received the correct speeds with that

On 3/21/2024 at 12:44 PM, justin peryea said:

I pay for a gig both ways it's like the congestion control not working I get the same speeds with speed test bypass off

If you are testing bufferbloat you want speedtest bypass off. If you are testing download and upload speeds you want it on. 

Also, CC doesn’t seem to work with IPV6. So turn it off under WAN AND LAN advanced settings. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, justin peryea said:

and this is weird when I do speed from Verizon on my phone it's 935 /935  but do it from a different site 90/60 

The Verizon speed test will be going from the modem directly to them so it's probably not even hitting the open internet. Sounds like the cable from the ONT to the modem or R3 might be limited/faulty, if you replace it do you get better speeds from different sites?