Sky Broadband & R3

I'm set to move from BT to Sky FTTC fibre. My understanding is Sky use DHCP option 61 for authentication. Does the R3 support this?

I have a Vigor 130 modem & then want to use the R3 as my main router.

I can’t seem to get this to work. 

I was able to get it to work on an ASU’s router with the client ID being anything@skydsl|anything

when I enter this and hit save it doesn’t save and doesn’t work. 

any ideas?

I have the Vigor 130 in bridge mode - 

I factory rest the R3 and when i try to enter the Client ID/ Vendor Id it wont event let me hit save. Like the button is dead. So I skip and then when in the dumaos it still wont save any credentials entered. 

• Administrators

Having a look online I found this:

"The credentials for the UK for DHCP Option 61 is 'anything@skydsl|anything' with obtaining an IP automatically from the WAN port of the commercial router you are using? Once you have set the credentials then the ONT and router should be disconnected for about half an hour before reconnecting and authenticating as this ensures Sky's backend servers don't get confused and work correctly." So try that and see if that helps

Still cant get this to work at all. Its like the R3 wont save anything when entered in the DHCP client & vendor. The save button just stays red and no information stays.

Meaning I cant use the R3 with my Sky FTTC VDSL2

• Administrators

I can't get it to save either actually so I'll need to report that to the team to look into. Are you able to have the Asus router handle the authentication with the R3 behind it in the meantime?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, LordofBiggles said:

Apologies for resurrecting this thread - but has this bug been fixed? Only I can switch to Sky from BT (PPPoE) as out of contract.

I don't think it's been specifically fixed but I've given you Early Access just in case and so if it isn't fixed then when it is you'll get to try it as soon as it is available

On 4/29/2024 at 3:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think it's been specifically fixed but I've given you Early Access just in case and so if it isn't fixed then when it is you'll get to try it as soon as it is available

No, it's not fixed. So for anyone in the UK that wants a 900mb FTTP connection your only option is to have the R3 in the DMZ of another router. The R3 doesn't support a 900mb PPPoE connection (BT, Plus.Net etc ...), and it won't let you connect to a DHCP Option 61 service (Sky) either ...

<sigh>

• Administrators
On 5/1/2024 at 8:26 AM, LordofBiggles said:

No, it's not fixed. So for anyone in the UK that wants a 900mb FTTP connection your only option is to have the R3 in the DMZ of another router. The R3 doesn't support a 900mb PPPoE connection (BT, Plus.Net etc ...), and it won't let you connect to a DHCP Option 61 service (Sky) either ...

<sigh>

Didn't think so but thanks for confirming, I'll let the team know again to see if we can get it resolved quickly.