Feature Request for NETDUMA R3: Enhanced Configuration and Device Management Options

Hello, fellow NETDUMA Community and Development Team,

I've been enjoying the NETDUMA R3 router and appreciate its features and performance. However, I've identified several areas where enhancements could significantly improve user experience and device management capabilities. Below are my suggestions for future updates:

1. Expandable Settings Menu: The settings menu is currently fixed in size, which can limit visibility and ease of navigation. An adjustable interface, similar to the flexibility of the dashboard screen, would greatly improve the user experience.
  2. Enhanced DHCP Reserved IPs Management: Reserved IPs are listed in the order they are added. The ability to organize reserved IPs within the DHCP settings is somewhat restricted. Adding sorting options by name, type, IP,  or MAC address, and enabling manual adjustments if a user is not satisfied with sort options would make device management more efficient and user-friendly.
  3. Configuration Backup Options: I understand backing up router configurations is under consideration for future updates. I strongly support this and believe it's crucial for users wanting to secure their settings against possible data loss or before a factory reset.
  4. Selective Backup for Reserved IPs and Device Names: The option to selectively back up reserved IPs and device names/types in the device manager would significantly benefit users. It would simplify the process of maintaining complex setups, especially when performing a router reset.
  5. Sorting Options in Device Manager: The introduction of sorting capabilities for devices listed in the device manager—by name, type, IP, or MAC address—would offer better organizational control and accessibility.
  6. MAC Address Filtering Enhancement: Incorporating MAC address filtering as a feature in the NETDUMA R3 would significantly enhance network security and device access management. This functionality would allow users to explicitly specify which devices are permitted to connect to the network, crucial in today's environment where devices often use randomized MAC addresses and share Wi-Fi SSIDs, such as Android devices. Addressing this challenge would not only improve security but also offer users more control over their network environment, making it easier to manage access in a landscape of constantly evolving device features.
  7. Direct Management of Reserved IPs from Device Manager: A significant enhancement would be to enable the addition and management of reserved IPs directly within the device manager screen upon accessing device details. This feature should also allow users to specify the device name and type within the Reserved IPs settings. Such integration would simplify the process of assigning and managing IP reservations, making it both more intuitive and efficient. Users would benefit from a unified interface where device management and IP reservation tasks can be performed seamlessly.

The implementation of these suggestions would greatly improve the functionality and user experience of the NETDUMA R3 router. These features would provide users with enhanced control over network and device management, making the router even more versatile and user-friendly.

I look forward to the community's feedback and the development team's thoughts on these proposed enhancements. Your engagement and discussion are highly valued as we work together to make the NETDUMA R3 the best choice for networking needs.

Thank you.

• Administrators

Thank you for the suggestions, I will pass them onto the team!

For #1 one though, it appears to resize for me based on the size of my browser window, could you provide a video of what you're seeing there?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the suggestions, I will pass them onto the team!

For #1 one though, it appears to resize for me based on the size of my browser window, could you provide a video of what you're seeing there?

As you can see from the image below, I can't resize or enlarge this settings window

Windows 11, Google Chrome Version 122.0.6261.111 (Official Build) (64-bit), Display Resolution: 2560 × 1440 

Screenshot 2024-03-07 195529.png

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's correct but you also can't resize any of the panels on the dashboard screen unless you're referring to the R2 dashboard?

Correct I can't and I meant I have full browser screen for Dashboard, Geo-Filter etc...