GEOFILTER question

Sgt-Greco

Hi

MW3

Forcing a specific server to join works but only for the first two or three games in a row. After that the in-game search is restricted to my region (EU) without finding any game at all.

@Netduma Fraserany ideas how can I stay longer or permanently on this specific region/server? 

UAE.thumb.png.59770c9cf3e28e26fa1636beb8c01cf9.png

On your picture you can see a tick next to some servers. Have you set these to allowed manually? If so, remove them from the list.

If you manually enable servers outside your search radius, these servers will of course also be included in the selection for the connection search.

6 minutes ago, ChrisG82 said:

On your picture you can see a tick next to some servers. Have you set these to allowed manually? If so, remove them from the list.

If you manually enable servers outside your search radius, these servers will of course also be included in the selection for the connection search.

thanks for you reply. I appreciate . I will clear them all and let you know

27 minutes ago, ChrisG82 said:

2nd game in a row everything is fine.

Moving on.....

3rd and I'm out 😔

Back in a EU server with a weird indication that I'm in a "Very Good 56ms LA server" which is impossible as I am playing from Greece

Something is seriously broken. 

Anyway bro @ChrisG82, thanks for your input

LA.png.534a0569230c32fc266e83569ebe8fed.png

You can still see servers with tick marks on your map. You can also try the following: remove the Xbox from the geofilter and then run the Cloud Sync from the geofilter. Then add the Xbox back to the geofilter. Then wait 10 minutes in the lobby of the Game.

Maybe reboot the R3 after removing the Xbox from Geofilter…

However, I know that the geofilter doesn't seem to be working quite as it should at the moment. For example, I also had the problem today that I was connected twice to a server in Saudi Arabia.

3 minutes ago, ChrisG82 said:

You can still see servers with tick marks on your map. You can also try the following: remove the Xbox from the geofilter and then run the Cloud Sync from the geofilter. Then add the Xbox back to the geofilter.

Maybe reboot the R3 after removing the Xbox from Geofilter…

However, I know that the geofilter doesn't seem to be working quite as it should at the moment. For example, I also had the problem today that I was connected twice to a server in Saudi Arabia.

The allowed list is empty. Portarlington server can't be removed as you know.

I'll remove console from devices , reboot and post back. 

Hmm, no idea if this is different between PlayStation and Xbox servers but I don't have any servers on the map with tick marks unless I really set them manually

12 minutes ago, ChrisG82 said:

Hmm, no idea if this is different between PlayStation and Xbox servers but I don't have any servers on the map with tick marks unless I really set them manually

how is this possible. can you explain?

how.thumb.png.59bed79393ef25a1d3c4a56bcce7c843.png

Hi !

In both cases it is an authentication server linked to Xbox live... (Xbox ping test concerning me in Amsterdam) 😉

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

but they are 140ms away. They are in a totally different region. And I'm OK with that.

I thought you wanted to force servers within your radius though? If so then you need to have Ping Assist on 0.

It'll be what Fuzy mentions above

@Sgt-Greco

Good morning. I may have another tip for you. I tried this yesterday and since then I have not been connected to servers outside my markings: go to the geofilter settings and switch off the „Geo-Latancy“ function.
I did the same yesterday and all matches I played connected to servers that were in the areas I specified.

Bonjour, petite question est il possible de choisir un serveur via ping heatmap directement avec le R3 ? Car sur le R2 je n'arrive pas à le forcé si vous avez des solutions d'ailleurs je suis preneur. 

Ma configuration:

Ping assit 0

Rayon au minimum autour du serveur 

Strict mode 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Hmz said:

Bonjour, petite question est il possible de choisir un serveur via ping heatmap directement avec le R3 ? Car sur le R2 je n'arrive pas à le forcé si vous avez des solutions d'ailleurs je suis preneur. 

Ma configuration:

Ping assit 0

Rayon au minimum autour du serveur 

Strict mode 

It's like the R2, you use the Geo-Filter to force the servers - some servers are harder to force than others as they may not always be available/online

11 hours ago, ChrisG82 said:

@Sgt-Greco

Good morning. I may have another tip for you. I tried this yesterday and since then I have not been connected to servers outside my markings: go to the geofilter settings and switch off the „Geo-Latancy“ function.
I did the same yesterday and all matches I played connected to servers that were in the areas I specified.

Thanks for your reply.

My Geo-Latency is always off. I don't even know what it is supposed to do.

My main problem is that the server in a region I choose, plays for 3 to 6 or 7 games in a row and after that it completely stops and keeps searching forever.

Sometimes the matchmaking returns to my region (i can tell from the ping value) . Either way it keeps searching forever.

PS. Did you stay in the same region for a good amount of games?

2 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Thanks for your reply.

My Geo-Latency is always off. I don't even know what it is supposed to do.

My main problem is that the server in a region I choose, plays for 3 to 6 or 7 games in a row and after that it completely stops and keeps searching forever.

Sometimes the matchmaking returns to my region (i can tell from the ping value) . Either way it keeps searching forever.

PS. Did you stay in the same region for a good amount of games?

I get this same issue. To fix it I have to turn my PS5 off and on. Then boot back into the game.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When it continues searching do you see anything on the map at all?

A couple of random white ticks including my own (right pic.)

Left pic when everything is fine.

l.png.8f3529c7d1c6578bd1d10f69d4413ceb.png

r.png.6cbf614cce7449328007908e6a61fa8b.png

On 2/25/2024 at 10:46 AM, Sgt-Greco said:

but they are 140ms away. They are in a totally different region. And I'm OK with that.

It’s 140ms not 140kms