getting sent to brazil

Justken

I have had this router for about 2 years and haven't had any major issues. I'm not sure why or what happened but for the past few months I'll be connecting fine for 3 or 4 games and then all of a sudden I'll get sent to a  Brazilian server after a few games. my ping will go from 23-32 to 150+. i delete my device, resync the cloud, wait a bit and sometimes its fine for another 3/4 games and sends me back and sometimes it just sends me right back to Brazil. i have also tried making my filter larger so that i have more servers to connect to even though I'm about 2 hrs. from a server but it does the same thing no matter what.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 195533.png

Screenshot 2024-02-17 200258.png

• Administrators

The largest icon on the map is your game server so in this case it is the one in your radius - using Auto Ping will confirm as it only pings the host. The one in Brazil will be an authentication server required for online play and won't affect your game ping.

auto ping will be off by maybe 3-5  from the game. so in game might say i have 29 ping and auto ping will say 24 or something so when its 160 in game it''ll say 155. 

• Administrators

When that happens is the biggest icon on the map the one in your radius? If so could you provide its ID please? It may be incorrectly located in which case we can move it to prevent that happening again

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When that happens is the biggest icon on the map the one in your radius? If so could you provide its ID please? It may be incorrectly located in which case we can move it to prevent that happening again

this is exactly how it looks when i'm in game. unfortunatly i didn't get the ID in the sreenshot and i haven't been home to try it the past 2 days.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 195533.png

yea i been having this issue as well in pubs on mw3.

i would be fine for a while then out of no where the game sends me to south america for like 2-4 games, before  fixing it self and sending me back to my  geo filter region.

it only happened on mw3

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Justken said:

this is exactly how it looks when i'm in game. unfortunatly i didn't get the ID in the sreenshot and i haven't been home to try it the past 2 days.

If you could get us the ID when you're able to that would be really helpful

13 hours ago, ownal0t said:

i would be fine for a while then out of no where the game sends me to south america for like 2-4 games, before  fixing it self and sending me back to my  geo filter region.

it only happened on mw3

Could you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page showing what you see when this happens please?

19 hours ago, ownal0t said:

it only happened on mw3

so i went to my ping heat map and denied that brazilian server and then when i went in game i tried sending me back to brazil still so i denied whatever other server it was sending me to and then did the resync cloud troubleshooting steps and  it seems to have worked. i played for bout an hr without getting sent back.