load/Upload speedsKeep getting very low Down

I am on 500 down 60 up, but im noticing it keeps dipping to around 60 download and lesser upload, when using the R3 over wifi (downloading from macbook) - i keep having to reboot router in order to get speeds back to normal. 

I still btw have the issue with not being able to access Duma OS (my thread on here already about this)

This is what i am getting on speedtest, all while connected to the R3 on my Macbook via wifi (in same room next to R3) - i must add, the Ps5 my sibling was playing downstairs connected to the R3 also is not possible, as their gameplay is extremely laggy and spokes to 1000+ ping at time when connected to the R3.

Screenshot2024-02-13at21_37_50.png.c03740150fb2d024ddf6decee3b9ed54.png

3 minutes ago, TheMW2Ghost said:

I am on 500 down 60 up, but im noticing it keeps dipping to around 60 download and lesser upload, when using the R3 over wifi (downloading from macbook) - i keep having to reboot router in order to get speeds back to normal. 

I still btw have the issue with not being able to access Duma OS (my thread on here already about this)

I've found it i turn off/on SMART BOOST the speeds return to the expected values

• Administrators

Try these suggestions:

• Split the bands, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try these suggestions:

• Split the bands, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

Have most of this done/followed from our previous messages. I have their PS5 connected to the secondary 2.4ghz channel but no luck there. Have antennae to back 2 up, front two outwards. 

These are speeds after reboot. I haven't used the Os much due to the issue it has with not connecting unless i reboot each day but thats okay as it hasnt been a problem to not use the OS for the games i have been playing. Only that now I notice these massive speed drop offs where ill only get around 20-80MBps DL/UL unless i reboot

Screenshot2024-02-13at22_08_54.png.ee30ab8da322d16acce132463da42f56.png

• Administrators

Could you check CPU usage from after a reboot, take a screenshot, check again and take another screenshot when you notice it go a bit lower, rinse repeat until it gets down to the slowest it usually gets. We may be able to see a pattern. Also do you leave the interface open for long periods of time? If so try not to do that and if you're looking at it when gaming use the mobile app or mobile web browser instead and see if that delays the problem please.