R3 - S8000 switch - PS5

Hi All,

I am having a little trouble with the above set up. I have my ISP hub in modem mode, connected to my R3 and all devices connected to the R3 bar my PS5 which is connected through the S8000 switch to the R3.

I am unable to see my PS5 on the device manager or the S8000 itself. Is there anyway I can have both or at least the S8000 picked up by the R3's device manager? The R3 detects my PS5, because it shows up in UpNP. It has given it an IP address and opened the NAT but that is the only place it is visible. Hope that makes sense.

Any ideas are welcome. I am new to this type of set up so forgive me if the above is a stupid question.

Thanks.

Hello, I dont have that same setup but my R3 is allowing me to play online on my PS5 but it doesn't load any of the tiles on the main screen or when going to the shop. I also have a nat "type 2"

• Administrators

What is the name for the device under UPnP - it could be named differently to what you expect, is that name shown on the Device Manager? It's also possible that because it's connected through the switch that it'll show on the offline branch on the Device Manager.

32 minutes ago, boothay said:

Hello, I dont have that same setup but my R3 is allowing me to play online on my PS5 but it doesn't load any of the tiles on the main screen or when going to the shop. I also have a nat "type 2"

Disable Adblocker and see if that then works please.

I have my PS5 beind a Nighthawk SX10 switch which I think is very similar to the S8000. My PS5 showed up in device manager as unknown and I just named it PS5 myself as Fraser mentions. Everything works normally there. 

Fuzy is also correct in that the switch is in offline devices normally. I gave it name, a dhcp reservation, and manually set the ip. Works great.