NETDUMA R3 + FIBER 😭😍

iOrcus

Does anybody here has fiber internet? How is it with the netduma R3? I'm FINALLY getting fiber on my area soon THANK GOD πŸ˜­πŸ™. I've been stuck with xfinity for the past 20 years since they were the ONLY ones with ok speeds on my city. I CAN'T stand xfinity when it comes to play games and call of duty. It's NOT reliable connection wise.

Edited by iOrcus

33 minutes ago, iOrcus said:

Does anybody here has fiber internet? How is it with the netduma R3? I'm FINALLY getting fiber on my area soon THANK GOD πŸ˜­πŸ™. I've been stuck with xfinity for the past 20 years since they were the ONLY ones with ok speeds on my city. I CAN'T stand xfinity when it comes to play games and call of duty. It's NOT reliable connection wise.

For me it has been great so far, there are times when the server is running less than ideal but that is COD side, I am getting ready to test against specific servers over the next few days and see which is the most stable. Highly recommend using that feature in ping heatmap. You can setup a server monitor to see which ones are the most stable. I will say this, lag compensation is a real bitch on the new MW3 if you do play that. If you do play though, the R3 makes shoot first die first a lot less common due to stabilizing any jitter so you don't get algorithm hell with the server trying to decide who won the battle. Outside of that, I get fast downloads and very low latency on most games, 35ms or less on most games tbh so personally I think you will enjoy it a lot compared to copper internet. If you have any questions on your setup once you get your ONT let the team or myself know and I will gladly help you tweak. Welcome to team fiber!

Thank you. My main curiosity is the latency. Cable internet latency is terrible for me, without netduma router I get 50 ping. With the netduma R1 + R3 I get between 22 - 30 on the closer servers to me while playing call of duty. Now my question is. How good is fiber latency? Meaning I watched a video on youtube where someone did a speed test between fiber vs cable internet and the results where. Cable internet = 20 ping and fiber = 6 ping. I was mind blown. That is 14 ping difference.Β 

1 hour ago, iOrcus said:

I don't have a r3 but I have a xr1000 and a xr500 they do good with fiber so the r3 should do wonders I'd recommend it especially if ur getting fiber the r3 is great with fiber even xfinity it'll do good with! Except xfinity has that data cap stuff which I hate!

I have frontier fiber 2g up an down, i wish the r3 had better hardware in it to support up to 5g speeds. other then that r2 has little lower ping times then the r3 but r3 has way better wifi. im sure future updates for r3 firmware will fix that

9 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

For me it has been great so far, there are times when the server is running less than ideal but that is COD side, I am getting ready to test against specific servers over the next few days and see which is the most stable. Highly recommend using that feature in ping heatmap. You can setup a server monitor to see which ones are the most stable. I will say this, lag compensation is a real girl dog on the new MW3 if you do play that. If you do play though, the R3 makes shoot first die first a lot less common due to stabilizing any jitter so you don't get algorithm hell with the server trying to decide who won the battle. Outside of that, I get fast downloads and very low latency on most games, 35ms or less on most games tbh so personally I think you will enjoy it a lot compared to copper internet. If you have any questions on your setup once you get your ONT let the team or myself know and I will gladly help you tweak. Welcome to team fiber!

Do you mind sharing your settings for what you use to get good results on MW3?

Thanks in advance.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:16 PM, iOrcus said:

I got itπŸ‘ŒΒ Fiber + R3 = dominating😍