Port forwarding / DMZ / NAT

mZta

Hello everyone,

I am just getting into all of this so hopefully you'll bear with me; the end goal here being simply to obtain open NAT, more specifically on COD.

I am currently running my R3 behind my ISP's router, with my pc being behind the r3. I applied a static IP within the R3 itself and within the ISP's router. I then disabled DHCP on the ISP's router and added the R3's WAN IP to the ISP router's DMZ. EDIT: I am also adding that I'm in France and my ISP is Orange and the ISP router is the Livebox 5.

A quick tracert shows the ips of both routers, which would indicate that I am double natting, while it seems, from what I have read through here, I shouldn't be. Are there additional settings I should be looking into or is it only down to having to port forward from then on?

On port forwarding itself, should I be port forwarding on the ISP router, on the R3 or both?

Will try to FAFO separately but would be great to receive some input from some of you.

Thanks 

• Administrators

You will still see both IPs, that is normal, it doesn't mean you're double NATd just that you're using 2 routers. If you check your NAT on the game what does it show?

With a double router set up, should I be port forwarding on both routers + pc or just on the second router (R3) + pc?

Thanks for the help Fraser - still can't seem to get open NAT though. @Fuzy I understand you're a Frenchmen like myself with a similar setup. Is there anything specific I should be looking for on the ISP side?

Otherwise, R3 is feeling nice - there are some inconsistencies between games, but I do see the potential once all the details are ironed out; hit reg is definitely better on certain games.

Salut !

J'ai pas de livebox 5, mais pour que tout marche parfaitement derrière, tu dois désactiver également UPnP/wifi etc... sur la livebox  (l'ensemble des options de routage).

Il faut que la livebox fonctionne comme une passerelle pure (modem) ip statique sur le R3 et DMZ...

Tu éteins l'ensemble et tu les redémarrer un part un en commençant par la livebox/R3/PC !

Hello, ça marche. Merci. J'ai bien désactivé DHCP, IPv6, UPnP et le wifi sur la livebox. J'ai l'impression que je loupe un truc...

Haven't been able to have it work yet. Should I be disabling the firewall in my ISP router as well? I suppose that would not compromise anything since the R3 would anyway be handling security aspects?

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, mZta said:

Haven't been able to have it work yet. Should I be disabling the firewall in my ISP router as well? I suppose that would not compromise anything since the R3 would anyway be handling security aspects?

That could be impacting it yes. That's right, the R3 has a built in firewall

Still haven't been able to get open NAT. Had to put back IPv6 on the ISP router as that created no access to internet to devices connected to the R3 via wifi.

I might try port forwarding on the ISP router to the R3, if that makes sense given that the R3 is already in the ISP router's DMZ, but I was thinking there might be some blocking at the ISP router itself.

4 hours ago, mZta said:

Still haven't been able to get open NAT. Had to put back IPv6 on the ISP router as that created no access to internet to devices connected to the R3 via wifi.

I might try port forwarding on the ISP router to the R3, if that makes sense given that the R3 is already in the ISP router's DMZ, but I was thinking there might be some blocking at the ISP router itself.

@mZta you on pc or console?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

With the R3 in its DMZ port forwarding is unneeded, have you checked directly connected to the ISP router whether you get an Open NAT?

I'll check that - I would say no given how previous ISP routers here have worked for me.

50 minutes ago, iOrcus said:

@mZta you on pc or console?

I'm on pc.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, mZta said:

I'll check that - I would say no given how previous ISP routers here have worked for me.

I'm on pc.

If you can't get it direct then you wouldn't be able to get it through the router unfortunately

On 1/29/2024 at 1:41 PM, mZta said:

@mZta

I'm on pc. 

ok try this. #1) created a static ip for your pc or console. #2) if you have a Modern + R3 router create a static ip for the R3 inside the modern + place the R3 router in the DMZ inside the modern. #3) dissable UPNP inside the modern. #4) port-forward COD ports inisde Modern + R3. #5) RESET firewall on pc + launch COD and ANABLE/ALLOW COD through firewall in Private + Public. #6) Closed COD + restart your PC. this should def give you Open NAT TYPE in Call Of Duty. #7) you could also try and dissable UPNP inside The R3 (optional)