Bufferbloat and Jitter when using XR1000

Making this post as I’ve looked through hours of video and support posts to try find someone in the same boat as me or something that could help but so far, nothing.

I bought an XR1000 in December to be used with my ISP router/modem combo that I’ve switched to work in modem mode. My ISP is Virgin Media in the UK as this was the only provider able to give me over 80mb download and 20mb upload speeds. I stream on Twitch regularly and also play competitive FPS games such as COD so having low, stable ping and good connection is vital.

I’ve been feeling that I lose gunfights even when seeing and firing first that I shouldn’t be losing. Usually I would just chalk that up to a skill issue but I’ve played on LAN and this is not the case. I have watched video after video about QoS, traffic prioritisation and many other things but nothing seems to fix it.

From reading online I’ve used things such as Waveforms Bufferbloat test and also dslreports.com and they have returned results ranging from +20 to +40 for download and around half of that for upload. I can run any tests to help if someone could advise me.

Really unsure if this is just something I am doing wrong or if this can even be solved.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you could provide some screenshots of your QoS/Geo-Filter pages as well as your bufferbloat results we can advise further

So I have run Waveform tests and tried to run dslreports.com but the website has been bugging and not allowing me to run the test. It is giving a score of A but I  was getting the same performance on my VM Hub 5 so I was sort of hoping the XR1000 would help somewhat. I'm not sure if I'm just expecting too much from it or I'm doing something wrong. Please let me know, thanks!

edit - The first Waveform test is my  VM Hub 5 and second is the XR1000.

Ookla Speedtest 23.01.2024 17.47.png

waveform test - VM hub 5 23.01.2024 13.42.PNG

waveform test - xr1000 23.01.2024 17.47.png

• Administrators

70% is a good starting point but it won't necessarily work best for everyone. It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.