why? R3!

WHY? am I LIMITED to lower the bars as low as I want them to be in the congestion control with the R3? with thE R3 I cant lowered past half way. with the R1 Ive could go as low as I wanted them to be. WHY was this featured remove from the R3? Iam also having a HARD time controlling my bufferbloat. the pictures below shows how GOOD my bufferbloat was with my R1 (A+) and thats because I was able to give EACH device in my house the amount of bandwith that it needed. which also got me asking myself WHY was the download and upload share options removed from the R3? the R1 had it and it was PERFECT! with the R3 I have to wait until nobody is using the internet at my house so I could do bufferbloat test without affecting their connections, in which the download and upload share option was AMAZING in the R1. My bufferbloat is TERRIBLE with the R3 (C) no matter what I do how many times I lower the congestion control bar in which iam LIMITED to do so. I always get (C) with bufferbloat. With the R3 steady ping is pretty much useless for me, WHY would I want to have higher ping to have stable connection? The MAIN reason why I first got the first netduma was to have lower ping, lower ping is KING! smartBOOST im kinda confuse what it does I feel NOTHING with it on or off. I wish these NEW features were just added and NOT replace OLD features. overall I LOVE the geofilter

1.PNG

2.PNG

r1 result.PNG

5.PNG

4.PNG

r3 result.PNG

Edited by iOrcus
missed some words

• Administrators

It's been requested to allow going below 50% so we'll likely bring that back. For Bufferbloat you'll need to set Congestion Control to Always and then disable Speed Test Bypass and you'll get better results.

@iOrcusI would just recommend setting the speeds manually as we can't adjust the slider the way we want currently...if you remember your settings then put it on the R3 should work the same way your just forced to input the speeds.

On 1/8/2024 at 2:58 PM, DARKNESS said:

@iOrcus @DARKNESS I would just recommend setting the speeds manually as we can't adjust the slider the way we want currently...if you remember your settings then put it on the R3 should work the same way your just forced to input the speeds.

it does nothing. i tried so many combinations and nothing works. on a random test i got a (B) score. I wish they would add back the bandwith options to share or dissable upload and download. that was my ONLY way to controll my bufferbloat in my house since we ALL have so many devices. I was able to have a GOOD bufferbloat (A+) with the R1 an 10 year router. I feel so limited with the R3 i cant do much. 

@iOrcusDid you check test bypass was disabled and set to always on cc also you might need to double check as it doesn't save on incognito most of the time you basically have to keep reapplying till it applied something am sure there trying to solve at the moment.

• Administrators

Those tests aren't really the best way of determining the best values to eliminate bufferbloat. I'd suggest following this guide, while downloading heavily to saturate the connection https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping  It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control (set to Always), say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

On 1/9/2024 at 4:42 PM, DARKNESS said:

@iOrcus @DARKNESSDid you check test bypass was disabled and set to always on cc also you might need to double check as it doesn't save on incognito most of the time you basically have to keep reapplying till it applied something am sure there trying to solve at the moment.

thank you