Steady Ping causing unintended lag to Whatsapp

AsNCo

Yes, this is surprisingly weird. I know. Let me explain.
I have work where there are a lot of picture/video exchanges in the group. So it is a daily routine on weekdays for me to delete the media. I can either do it on a phone or on my PC which I usually will choose there since it is also good practice to improve mouse aim since you have to select every one of the pictures and videos individually and no way to select multiple pictures from one point to another with everything in the middle selected.

But... I notice that now, Whatsapp is lagging behind my mouse clicks by a lot leading to a lot of picture selections being ignored. Then I'll have to go back and reselect some unselected pictures and videos.
So I had this feeling that it wasn't like this before. So I went into the R3 UI and turned off Steady Ping. Lo and behold. Picture selections are now instant and thus leading to little to no pictures going unselected after clicking on them.

Is Steady Ping meant to affect any and all packets routing through the router and not just gaming packets? It was such a weird and unexpected thing to occur. I was wondering why the picture selections were a lot slower to respond to my mouse clicks by about 3-6 pictures behind the picture where I am currently selecting next.

It is such a bizarre thing to discover and affect. Is there any workarounds or must I constantly access the router and remember to turn Steady Ping On and Off every time I finish work or gaming?

@AsNCoWhen your in the application what is it classified as on the DPI? Realistically it shouldn't have any effect though in theory if it was being classified as a game then steady ping could be doing something which is causing it to lag like trying to optimize the ping and it thinks it a 100ms is optimal etc...

4 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@AsNCoWhen your in the application what is it classified as on the DPI? Realistically it shouldn't have any effect though in theory if it was being classified as a game then steady ping could be doing something which is causing it to lag like trying to optimize the ping and it thinks it a 100ms is optimal etc...

Yeah. It's very weird as to why the packets are being delayed. But in Smartboost Upload section, it was classified as Facebook as the traffic when I was actively selecting on the pictures and videos

• Administrators

There have been rumblings that Steady Ping has been affecting devices not added to the Geo-Filter so this sounds like it is plausible, thank you for the report, I will pass it onto the team to look into.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There have been rumblings that Steady Ping has been affecting devices not added to the Geo-Filter so this sounds like it is plausible, thank you for the report, I will pass it onto the team to look into.

Hi. Just to clarify, mine is on the same PC that I use for gaming. Thus, it is in Geo-filter. I use Whatsapp Web to access my Whatsapp to quickly select multiple pictures using a mouse. That is where the discovery of the increased lag came from.
Hope it helps clear any confusion.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, AsNCo said:

Hi. Just to clarify, mine is on the same PC that I use for gaming. Thus, it is in Geo-filter. I use Whatsapp Web to access my Whatsapp to quickly select multiple pictures using a mouse. That is where the discovery of the increased lag came from.
Hope it helps clear any confusion.

Ah I see, if you remove the PC does it still happen with Steady Ping enabled? What's the service you have the PC added with?