I Play On PC But Chose Playstation As My Device In Device Manager

It seems like the geofilter works better when choosing Playstation instead of Computer in the Device Manager in duma os 4. Anyone else on PC doing this? If so, are you noticing a positive difference?

1 hour ago, The_Optimizer said:

It seems like the geofilter works better when choosing Playstation instead of Computer in the Device Manager in duma os 4. Anyone else on PC doing this? If so, are you noticing a positive difference?

For some reason the Geo-Filter doesn't play well when the device is marked as a PC, seeing it as a game console seems to get it going. Not sure of the why, but using the picture label of PS,Xbox or Game Console is how they have recommended it. Maybe someone from their team could explain it better.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Actually some people are reporting the opposite way round that it plays better as a PC, e.g Changing a console to be a PC so I think there is something for the team to look at there. If it works for you that's great!

That's so weird that changing a pc to a console and a console to a pc is giving better geo results lol. Curious why that is happening, let us know what they find cus I am intrigued lol.

It 's seriously weird lol. And it really does seem to work a whole better for me being a PC user playing on the Playstation setting. The geofilter is extremely consistent now. Before when I was on the PC setting, I didn't always see activity on the geofilter when I connected to games. Like the filter would often try and connect to servers during matchmaking but end up not showing any activity once I got in to a match. But the Playstation setting consistently connects me to servers. I'm not sure if the PC is in fact connecting but just not showing the data though.

I also like how I don't have to choose the game I want play when using the Playstation setting. I just select my device once and never think about it again.