Recently purchased the R3, first Netduma, any insight why my XSX ping in Cod starts at 45ms but Netduma ping to nearest geo fenced server is 25-30ms?

I have been trying to figure out why the two numbers are not closer to one another, my XSX is hard wired with ports forwarded and an open NAT. During the "game trying to find a match" the ping will search all the way up to 200ms. Maybe it is user error on my part? any help is appreciated. TIA.

4 minutes ago, Koozee said:

I have been trying to figure out why the two numbers are not closer to one another, my XSX is hard wired with ports forwarded and an open NAT. During the "game trying to find a match" the ping will search all the way up to 200ms. Maybe it is user error on my part? any help is appreciated. TIA.

Are you using the home location with a radius set? Polygon drawn style? Or using ping assist with your home set in the middle of nowhere? Just trying to see how you are using geo-filter so I can help.

20 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Are you using the home location with a radius set? Polygon drawn style? Or using ping assist with your home set in the middle of nowhere? Just trying to see how you are using geo-filter so I can help.

Polygon and ping assist is off. How can you set your home in ping assist?

5 minutes ago, Koozee said:

Polygon and ping assist is off. How can you set your home in ping assist?

And you have strict mode check and geo-latency unchecked as well? The increase in latency is probably the ping-stabilizer being kicked in to help with jittter or "ping fluctuation" in your route to the game server. This helps stabilize the connection to the game giving you a smoother experience. You can watch the video of this being explained on their Youtube, just search Netduma and then look for ping stabilizer video. It may be called steady ping on there as well, can't remember lol.

6 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

And you have strict mode check and geo-latency unchecked as well? The increase in latency is probably the ping-stabilizer being kicked in to help with jittter or "ping fluctuation" in your route to the game server. This helps stabilize the connection to the game giving you a smoother experience. You can watch the video of this being explained on their Youtube, just search Netduma and then look for ping stabilizer video. It may be called steady ping on there as well, can't remember lol.

Just got connected to a game in Utah and then the following game in Georgia. I am just outside of Toronto Canada and my geo filter is set to an east coast server.

1 minute ago, Koozee said:

Just got connected to a game in Utah and then the following game in Georgia. I am just outside of Toronto Canada and my geo filter is set to an east coast server.

I would make sure you have geo-latency unchecked, leave strict mode checked on. Make sure you are setting your geo-filter before you open the game up on xbox. Close the game out, let the servers clear and then launch it again and see what happens.

• Administrators
  • Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.

In terms of the difference in ping, the in game ping includes processing delay, all games have it but not all choose to include it in their ping calculation. It's not something we can calculate. If the in game ping is up to 30ms higher roughly then the game should play well, anything higher than that could indicate the server is under heavy load and it's best to try to force a different server.

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  • Disable GeoLatency
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.

In terms of the difference in ping, the in game ping includes processing delay, all games have it but not all choose to include it in their ping calculation. It's not something we can calculate. If the in game ping is up to 30ms higher roughly then the game should play well, anything higher than that could indicate the server is under heavy load and it's best to try to force a different server.

I actually left my router running a test on the lower ping servers to see which had the best overall stability using the heatmap tracking you guys put on there. Really excited to go home and check to see what is what. I think that feature needs to be discussed more, it is a game changer because if a server has a history of getting the crap beat of it and being all over the place, then it's best to find the next best one lol.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  • Disable GeoLatency
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Still not working, first game was on a Chicago server then the next game a Texas server. Very strange.

3 minutes ago, Koozee said:

Still not working, first game was on a Chicago server then the next game a Texas server. Very strange.

Now it's connecting me to servers I have denied access to.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  • Disable GeoLatency
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search

Any reason why all of the servers I have denied are classified as "peer"? Out of the 8 that I have denied only 1 is classified as a server.

• Administrators

I've sent you .23 in a PM, you can install it in Settings > Troubleshooting. Once it's complete I'd recommend doing a factory reset to ensure remnants of previous versions aren't causing any issues, then see it works better

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you .23 in a PM, you can install it in Settings > Troubleshooting. Once it's complete I'd recommend doing a factory reset to ensure remnants of previous versions aren't causing any issues, then see it works better

I’ll try it out this evening when I get home. 

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay installed .23 and geo fence seems to be working but I only tried it using radius mode. Only issue last night was I felt like I was 0.5 sec behind in time to everyone else, shot before turning corners and every replay (I know replays are only a snapshot) showing me just standing there not firing or moving, very strange. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Koozee said:

Okay installed .23 and geo fence seems to be working but I only tried it using radius mode. Only issue last night was I felt like I was 0.5 sec behind in time to everyone else, shot before turning corners and every replay (I know replays are only a snapshot) showing me just standing there not firing or moving, very strange. 

Are you using Steady Ping? Have you adjusted Congestion Control at all?

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using Steady Ping? Have you adjusted Congestion Control at all?

Using the polygon (custom) geo fence still does not work, tested it by surrounding Washington state and was connected to a Chicago server. Steady ping is enabled congestion control was off because I have smart boost turned off.