Semi QoS feature?

D3mon1c

I noticed on the mobile app on "Favourites Primary Profile" feature I can click the... idk I guess its wires on the top right of the screen & it'll take me to a bandwidth reservation area I'm mainly just here to find out how EXACTLY it works cause I have 2 set for games I play but still wanna know how the process works per se.

@D3mon1cWell generally it basically a rule were you reserve bandwidth for that specific application and that would be allocated if it is detected for that application it pretty self explanatory however if it isn't detected it won't do anything as this relies upon DPI which I have tested and has had overall improvements do to it and other users.

Though this is something you won't really need to fiddle around with unless you want to do so/are limited by bandwidth in household however SMART BOOST does a good job at dealing with all that automatically based on the DPI and your set categories.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, D3mon1c said:

I noticed on the mobile app on "Favourites Primary Profile" feature I can click the... idk I guess its wires on the top right of the screen & it'll take me to a bandwidth reservation area I'm mainly just here to find out how EXACTLY it works cause I have 2 set for games I play but still wanna know how the process works per se.

It's basically like Bandwidth Allocation with Share Excess enabled on the other routers except you can't disable the share excess function so bandwidth will be shared if nothing is being used

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's basically like Bandwidth Allocation with Share Excess enabled on the other routers except you can't disable the share excess function so bandwidth will be shared if nothing is being used

So by what I just read it CAN reserve however much you want on the application BUT it can always go over the limit on it as well if the application uses more bandwidth thats reserved for it if it needs more bandwidth? Also does it matter about the rank its in at all does that factor in the matter or it just overall doesn't & its fine just cause its there?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, D3mon1c said:

So by what I just read it CAN reserve however much you want on the application BUT it can always go over the limit on it as well if the application uses more bandwidth thats reserved for it if it needs more bandwidth? Also does it matter about the rank its in at all does that factor in the matter or it just overall doesn't & its fine just cause its there?

Essentially yes. Rank does matter if you're reserving bandwidth for multiple devices